PDA

View Full Version : Pokerroom.com Mobile Phone Poker?

stigmata
05-04-2005, 08:13 AM
Hi,

Anyone tried this? Anyone played this and care to review it?

https://www.pokerroom.com/main/page/games/mobile/intro/

I searched the forum, but none of the previous threads answered my questions!

I'm thinking about getting a new mobile and this is definately cool. Also, anybody got any advice on the best phone and UK network:

Supported Phones
Nokia 6600
Nokia 6630
Sony Ericsson K700i

Compatible Phones
Nokia 3230
Nokia 6260
Nokia 6620
Nokia 6670
Nokia 6680
Nokia 6681
Nokia 6682

How are the 3G pricing plans if you want a high broadband access?

stigmata
05-04-2005, 08:30 AM
I found an interesting discussion of it here:

http://www.pokerhelper.com/forums/t114711-pokerroom-mobile-poker.html

William
05-04-2005, 01:00 PM
It is indeed cool. Now you can spend thousands in mobile phone bills while you clear the 100$ bonus at party.... /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Sandstone
05-04-2005, 02:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It is indeed cool. Now you can spend thousands in mobile phone bills while you clear the 100$ bonus at party.... /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually, in this modern era you can get unlimited data plans from many cell providers starting for as little as $20 a month.

wdbaker
05-04-2005, 02:48 PM
See my response below re: same type subject

[ QUOTE ]
Mila,
I have a linksys wifi card for home and coffee shops and book stores that have wifi available. I have a verizon 5220 pc card for everywhere else.

If you have a laptop you will be set, if you are trying to do this on anything smaller then a laptop you are just goofing around and wasting your time and money(1 table for cell phone or blackberry etc... vs laptop with minimum twice the speed of dial up and minimum 4 tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

One Street at a Time
wdbaker Denver, Co

stigmata
05-04-2005, 03:17 PM
I was thinking that I would only want to play heads up if I was single-tabling.

Tapin
05-04-2005, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if you are trying to do this on anything smaller then a laptop you are just goofing around and wasting your time and money

[/ QUOTE ]

Time, absolutely. Money... perhaps. Of course, I'm interested in reading reviews of the PR phone client simply because I'd love to dink around with this in situations where my laptop is unwelcome but handheld gaming devices are common (intermission at concerts, waiting for the train and then getting on the train, etc).

Judging from the RGP thread, it sounds like the client could use some work (checkboxes with ambiguous state? Ugh), so I'll probably be passing for now. But I've been looking to switch phone carriers for a while, anyway, and this could be something that swings me away from Verizon and towards Cingular or T-Mobile.

Popinjay
05-05-2005, 12:41 AM
does this work for Pocket PC phones?