PDA

View Full Version : Need help accumulating a sufficient sample size (off topic)

Hojglad
05-04-2005, 04:22 AM
Ok, so my group and I have developed a blackjack client/server program. We are giving a presentation tomorrow and need to include a bit about the house advantage. We have nowhere near the sample size we need to make any sort of a conclusive statement about this.

This is where you guys come in. It would be awesome if you could just play about 100 hands or so (is this asking too much?) of blackjack so the server program that's running on my computer can collect data. To do this, you will need the newest version of the Java runtime which can be found here (http://javashoplm.sun.com/ECom/docs/Welcome.jsp?StoreId=22&PartDetailId=jre-1.5.0_03-oth-JPR&SiteId=JSC&TransactionId=noreg) . Next, download the client package from here (http://members.cox.net/mviens/Blackjack.zip) and unzip it. Once you have the java runtime installed, all you should have to do is double click ECE473Blackjack,jar in the folder you unzipped to and the client should pop up and you should be able to start playing.

Please help us - it would be greatly appreciated. You might find it sort of like playing at CON on 888 days (that's where we got the images). Plus, I assure you, there is no malicious code or interaction of any sort between the server and you. The only information I am logging is the amount you wager and the number of times you win versus the total amount of hands you play.

My group and I greatly appreciate any assistance you can give in this manner. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Comments are also appreciated and welcome.

Hojglad
05-04-2005, 04:41 AM
If it's going to encourage any of you to do it, you get a 1000 credit sign up bonus with 0x WR.

cbfair
05-04-2005, 10:28 AM
Sorry,

I tried but couldn't get the app to launch. Its probably an issue on my end as the JAR file seems to be associated with the wrong program to execute properly.

BTW - for thos wondering, I scanned it with NAV and it appears clean. Caveat Emptor