PDA

View Full Version : Worst Beat Youve Ever Seen Plus SNG Update

xPuns1her
05-04-2005, 12:51 AM
Haha, well where do I began. I made a post a few days ago about me starting to play exlusively 55's and 109's sit n gos on Party Poker. I'll get to that after this...

In a $100+9 sit n go on Party Poker 5 minutes ago I had 1700 in chips with 5 left, blinds 50/100. Here is the hand the ensued... (worst beat I've ever taken or anyone has ever taken in the history of the game of poker).

** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to xPun1sher [ Jc Ac ]
xPun1sher raises [350].
BillBuckner folds.
Judgedeath calls [350].
the_animal17 folds.
soco62592mq folds.
** Dealing Flop ** [ 9c, Tc, 7c ]
xPun1sher bets [300].
Judgedeath calls [300].
** Dealing Turn ** [ Qc ]
xPun1sher checks.
Judgedeath bets [100].
xPun1sher is all-In [1045]
Judgedeath calls [945].
** Dealing River ** [ 6c ]
Judgedeath shows [ 8c, 8d ] a straight flush, ten high.
xPun1sher shows [ Jc, Ac ] a flush, ace high.
Judgedeath wins 3540 chips from the main pot with a straight flush, ten high.
xPun1sher finished in fifth place.
wow
xPun1sher has left the table.

Now, I flopped the nuts (for the time being), turned a royal flush and gut shot straight flush (even with the gutshot out taken), on the river he had 1 card that could save him.

That hand has permanatly scarred me. I almost puked, literally, after the hand and now I feel ill.

Anyway, on to the sit n gos.. here are my stats for the 55's and 109's so far. I know its a small sample but what are the thoughts you guys have on it (anything but insults are welcome).

$50+5 Sit n Go Statistics $100+9 Sit n Go Stats

1st: XX 1st: XX

2nd: XXXX 2nd: XX

3rd: XX 3rd: X

4th: X 4th:

5th: X 5th: XX

6th: X 6th:

7th: X 7th:

8th: 8th:

9th: X 9th: X

10th: XXX 10th: X

With that being said this is probably short term luck with some skill and its going to even out. But it does give me hope to continue poker after the beat I just had to experience.

I'm going to go cry now.

-pun1sher /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Mr_J
05-04-2005, 12:56 AM
This isn't the reply you were looking for but"

"anything but insults are welcome"

I don't think you'll get much else. The 2 most hated topics here are:

1) "Check out my bad beat"

and

2) "I've played 20 sngs, am I good?"

xPuns1her
05-04-2005, 12:57 AM
Then dont bother reading my [censored] post /images/graemlins/cool.gif.

No one told me that, I'm new.

xPuns1her
05-04-2005, 12:58 AM
"turned a royal flush and gut shot straight flush"

royal flush draw* and straight flush draw*

Freudian
05-04-2005, 01:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I know its a small sample but what are the thoughts you guys have on it (anything but insults are welcome).

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts are: "that is a small sample" "x's instead of numbers, wish I would have throught of that".

BDarch
05-04-2005, 01:04 AM
psh I've taken a worse beat than that, once I had QQ and flopped the top boat with a flop of Q 7 7 a guy bluffed with AJ and running 7's came to give him four 7's with an ace and I couldn't better the board.

Phoenix1010
05-04-2005, 01:06 AM
I think he said it about as nicely as it can be said. People generally react poorly to these kinds of posts. I think yours is actually kind of cool however. It's called a perfect catch, and it is indeed the worst possible beat. Tough luck. I didn't read the second part of your post because your results through 20 SnG's aren't really interesting. Your results through 500 SnG's wouldn't be very interesting, but at least they would mean something.

xPuns1her
05-04-2005, 01:11 AM
Alright, thanks guys. I'll post back after I've played at least 500.

Freudian
05-04-2005, 01:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think he said it about as nicely as it can be said. People generally react poorly to these kinds of posts. I think yours is actually kind of cool however. It's called a perfect catch, and it is indeed the worst possible beat. Tough luck. I didn't read the second part of your post because your results through 20 SnG's isn't really interesting. Your results through 500 SnG's wouldn't be very interesting, but at least they would mean something.

[/ QUOTE ]

To be honest, I don't think any post regarding their personal results is all that interesting, even if it is 10000 Sngs. At least not if they haven't drawn any conclusions from it.

I don't know what people expect to hear when they post their ROI. It should be obvious what it means without asking the forum.

Mr_J
05-04-2005, 01:13 AM
" It's called a perfect catch, and it is indeed the worst possible beat"

In that hand yeh. If you change Hero to a flopped SF and villain hit his 1 outer on the river for a RF, then that'd be the worst bad beat /images/graemlins/wink.gif

"your results through 20 SnG's isn't really interesting."

Yeh. It looks like you have made some cash, and profiting is always a good start, although of course doesn't mean you are a longterm winner. Just keep playing. Alot of 10ths, do you have any excuses for those?

dfscott
05-04-2005, 01:15 AM
A bad beat, but certainly not "the worst beat ... anyone has ever taken in the history of the game of poker." That distinction goes to the hand where 4 aces got busted by a Royal Flush.

Mr_J
05-04-2005, 01:15 AM
Just post hand histories.

TruFloridaGator
05-04-2005, 01:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think he said it about as nicely as it can be said. People generally react poorly to these kinds of posts. I think yours is actually kind of cool however. It's called a perfect catch, and it is indeed the worst possible beat. Tough luck. I didn't read the second part of your post because your results through 20 SnG's isn't really interesting. Your results through 500 SnG's wouldn't be very interesting, but at least they would mean something.

[/ QUOTE ]

To be honest, I don't think any post regarding their personal results is all that interesting, even if it is 10000 Sngs. At least not if they haven't drawn any conclusions from it.

I don't know what people expect to hear when they post their ROI. It should be obvious what it means without asking the forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Unless your posting a bunch of HH with your ROI/ITM, etc, you can't draw much conclusion from it.

Phoenix1010
05-04-2005, 01:19 AM
Ehh... I think I might be interested to see certain players' results after 10000, but yeah I get your point and generally agree.

xPuns1her
05-04-2005, 01:19 AM
The tenths are from hands where I get KK and opponent has AA. Raised preflop. Flop of rags. And all in. Hands like that.
Also in my play I've noticed getting chips early is extremely helpful in lasting. In most of my ITM I've doubled up or been at least 1500 chips by the 25/50 blinds. I prefer to play a little aggressive early on.

TruFloridaGator
05-04-2005, 01:21 AM
Yeah, interesting of course. 10000 is like forever away from me. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

PocketJokers
05-04-2005, 01:34 AM
I'm not one to write a bad beat post, but....since you think yours is the worst ever i think i can do you one better. It was a while ago so details are fuzzy...

Last Year MTT WSOP Qualifier on Stars, 12ish left, 2 go on, 4th place in chips.

Dealt 77 in CO, dont remember if i raised

Flop comes J77

flopped quads bet out and to my suprised i get raised by the chip leader, i call. turn is another jack, i check, he
is all in, i call, he has AJ, jack on the river wins him the pot and eventually a seat at the WSOP, i believe.

Didnt play poker for six months

TruFloridaGator
05-04-2005, 01:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not one to write a bad beat post, but....since you think yours is the worst ever i think i can do you one better. It was a while ago so details are fuzzy...

Flop comes J77

flopped quads bet out and to my suprised i get raised by the chip leader, i call. turn is another jack, i check, he
is all in, i call, he has AJ, jack on the river wins him the pot and eventually a seat at the WSOP, i believe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Caught perfect is caught perfect.

BDarch
05-04-2005, 01:37 AM
yea I've actually had people catch perfect against me 4 times now i believe...it hurts when it happens

TruFloridaGator
05-04-2005, 01:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
yea I've actually had people catch perfect against me 4 times now i believe...it hurts when it happens

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Big Limpin'
05-04-2005, 01:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
** Dealing Flop ** [ 9c, Tc, 7c ]
xPun1sher bets [300].
Judgedeath calls [300].

[/ QUOTE ]
Dear god man, protect your hand!
You are giving anyone with a 1 outer great odds to chase. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Lololol.

Don't listen to the haters, this hand is *definately* post-worthy.

3 outer beat: Not acceptable
2 outer beat: Not acceptable
1 outer beat: Fully acceptable /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Phoenix1010
05-04-2005, 01:47 AM
Woops, you just showed me that I was wrong in my first post: this is not a perfect catch. I thought it was a runner runner SF because I didn't bother to look at it too closely. I changed my mind, this post has no merit. One outers are boring, show me a Perfect Catch.

PocketJokers
05-04-2005, 01:55 AM
I don't remember the details but i sucked out with a runner runner royal flush against jacks full of tens a few weeks back on the bubble....i guess thats the Perfect Catch

zaphod
05-04-2005, 02:06 AM
There might be a lot to learn about how to handle bad beats from these instructive videos:
Bill Fillmaff (http://www.billfillmaff.com)

MSUcougar
05-04-2005, 02:06 AM
I've actually lost the nut flush to a PP made straight flush on the river TWICE, most recently being yesterday. I saved a screenshot of the table both times if you dont believe me...

but ya, bad beats happen... keep your head up... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

PocketJokers
05-04-2005, 02:27 AM
never thought I'd see that again but it's just as funny the second time around, thanks

Daliman
05-04-2005, 03:38 AM
Well, considering plays you make like this;

#Game No : 1996830910
***** Hand History for Game 1996830910 *****
NL Hold'em $100 Buy-in + $9 Entry Fee Trny:11900274 Level:6 Blinds(150/300) - Wednesday, May 04, 03:06:22 EDT 2005
Table Table 11709 (Real Money)
Seat 3 is the button
Total number of players : 4
Seat 2: aces1111 ( $3685 )
Seat 3: tienmayman ( $1585 )
Seat 5: surrealpoker ( $2810 )
Seat 9: xPun1sher ( $1920 )
Trny:11900274 Level:6
Blinds(150/300)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to surrealpoker [ 2h 8h ]
>You have options at Table 35332 Table!.
aces1111 is all-In [3685]
tienmayman folds.
surrealpoker folds.
xPun1sher is all-In [1620]
** Dealing Flop ** [ 8d, 5s, 8s ]
** Dealing Turn ** [ 6d ]
** Dealing River ** [ 5h ]
aces1111 shows [ Qs, 6s ] two pairs, eights and sixes.
xPun1sher shows [ 3d, 3h ] two pairs, eights and fives.
aces1111 wins 1765 chips from side pot #1 with two pairs, eights and sixes.
aces1111 wins 3990 chips from the main pot with two pairs, eights and sixes.
xPun1sher finished in fourth place.
xPun1sher has left the table.
Game #1996832220 starts.

And chat like this immediately thereafter;

xPun1sher: thats fu.cking bullsh.it man
tienmayman: thanks for playing stupid
xPun1sher: nice move numbnuts
xPun1sher: you suck
xPun1sher: me or him
xPun1sher: you fu.cking idiot
surrealpoker: yeah, 33 is a GREAT hand.
xpunisher:better than Q 6
xPun1sher: didnt realize so many people were bad at poker here
surrealpoker: noyt much
surrealpoker: lol, keep calling small pairs
xpunisher:lol, keep being a fu.cking fa.g
surrealpoker: will do
surrealpoker: ty for the $$$< btw
xPun1sher: plenty more from losers like you where that came from
xPun1sher: later [censored]

I'd say;
#1 You got what you deserved.
#2 You're nowhere NEAR as good as you think you are.
#3 Yer an [censored].
#4 You have no clue who you are talking to when you say "losers like you".

Other then that, yer a great guy.

Oh, and BTW, you lose that hand 7% of the time. No big deal. Sucks, but no big deal.

Daliman
05-04-2005, 03:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Flop comes J77

[/ QUOTE ]

Caught perfect is caught perfect.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, there is a difference between the 13/22 to 1 that happened to the OP, 1 outer 44-1 shots on the river, and 989-1 shots.

Mr_J
05-04-2005, 04:06 AM
"#4 You have no clue who you are talking to when you say "losers like you". "

Lol busted.

Benholio
05-04-2005, 04:48 AM
Burn!!!

NYCNative
05-04-2005, 06:40 AM
http://www.hjo3.net/edgar_allan_pwned.jpg

KenProspero
05-04-2005, 11:13 AM
When I first started reading here, I found other players bad beat stories amusing, and my own fascinating.

The real question is when do they stop being interesting for people? 300 sng's 500 sng's 1000, sng's

In my case -- I've probably played 500--800 sngs over the last 6 months (yes, I know this tiny). At this point, the only interesting part of bad beats is the note I make about the person who beat me, for future reference.

I think I spend more time thinking about the occasional bad beats I put on others == trying to figure out whether I, in fact, screwed up by playing the hand.

Freudian
05-04-2005, 11:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
When I first started reading here, I found other players bad beat stories amusing, and my own fascinating.

The real question is when do they stop being interesting for people? 300 sng's 500 sng's 1000, sng's

In my case -- I've probably played 500--800 sngs over the last 6 months (yes, I know this tiny). At this point, the only interesting part of bad beats is the note I make about the person who beat me, for future reference.

I think I spend more time thinking about the occasional bad beats I put on others == trying to figure out whether I, in fact, screwed up by playing the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bat beats in the higher step 5 tourneys are somewhat interesting, simply because of the absurd sums of money involved. But regular bad beats aren't as fun.

John Hurst
05-04-2005, 11:55 AM
I still find people's reactions interesting. I understand wanting to puke at the time, but I don't understand obsessing about it for days. How bad can a beat be in a SNG? It's only costing you the potential to win 5 buyins.

gasgod
05-04-2005, 11:56 AM
Your opponent flopped an open ended straight flush draw, and had two chances to catch. Swap the Qc and 9c and the beat is much worse -- runner, runner to beat your flopped nut flush.

GG

Daliman
05-04-2005, 11:59 AM
I just wanted to let you know that having your child as an avatar is weak.

That is all...

The Yugoslavian
05-04-2005, 12:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There is nothing and has been nothing interesting to me about bad beats. They are part of the game and sometimes will cause me to be deeply pained/frustrated. However, they are not interesting to me in the slightest.

Yugoslav