PDA

View Full Version : Any Online Poker Pros Out There?

11-20-2002, 08:07 PM
Hi Everyone,
Anyone out there actually being successful at being an Internet Poker Pro?

Sincerely,
Frank

crazy canuck
11-20-2002, 08:50 PM
Hello, the answer is yes and the question has been already asked a few times. Try doing a search on it.

11-20-2002, 08:50 PM
Yes. I play any & all games mostly at Paradise. I also teach poker, all games, all limits and have for 15 years with great success including the 'new games' (Pineapple, Draw, 5 card stud)...I have played and won at these games for years.

Should you be interested, you may initially contact me here, after that I will gladly give you my email address.

Best,

Brian

11-20-2002, 09:04 PM
Hi Brian,
Sure, pass me the e-mail address. (Can't promise I'll be a customer... just want to be honest) Got a web page somewhere?

11-21-2002, 11:13 AM
I don't get it, could you let me know how a poker teacher works?

11-21-2002, 02:01 PM
Hi!,

Feel free to contact me at iteachpoker2@aol.com.

Perhaps I can get you up to speed and in the profit catagory.

Brian

11-21-2002, 02:15 PM
Shogun1...There are a few viable, effective ways to work with a student AND be successful in getting that student on to winning and profitable ways.

1. Use of the phone for lessons.

2. Use of email (I do lot of this).

3. In person sessions.

Depending on the needs of he individual, a game plan is usually talked about first and reasonable goals are disgust. The goals of the individual are paramount.

I've been doing this with considerable success for a number of years, all games, all limits, Internet and 'Real Cardrooms'(as I believe have Mr. Sklansky and Mr. Malouth, two excellent teachers).

Should you be interested in mor information, contact me at iteachpoker2@aol.com.

I am either teaching or playing most days (and have been for roughly 15 years).

Sincerely,

Brain

11-21-2002, 03:25 PM
What can you teach me that I can't learn from one of the 2+2 books?

In my opinion, teachers are for people who are too stupid to read and teach themselves.

Or are you claiming that you have some sort of "insider" information?

TD

HonestPete
11-21-2002, 06:57 PM
You are one egotisitical idiot. Do you honestly think that by reading some books and articles you know everything about a game as complex as poker? I'd be very surprised if there was any relatively complex game in the world you could learn to a professional level simply by reading some books, regardless how detailed they may be. There is only so much you can learn from text, the rest comes from experience and that is what a teacher can give you, their professional advice, their years of experience far outweighs text.

You are a bloody idiot if you still stand by what you said. I wouldn't be surprised if you claimed to keep over $500,000 online between differnt poker sites, and started up the ACR thing again. Use your sense in future.

HP

beernutz
11-21-2002, 07:40 PM
"In my opinion, teachers are for people who are too stupid to read and teach themselves."

Without regard to whether Brian is or is not a good poker teacher, this is probably one of the stupidest statements I've ever read on the Internet. Of course I only started reading USENET in 1991 so plenty of stupider things could have been posted of which I'm unaware.

Way to do the Anonymous nick proud, sir!

11-22-2002, 07:35 PM
To TD..

I am sorry you seem to have a non receptive attitude re: learning and improving your game. If you are a consistant winning player you don't need help.

Many of the poker books that are available are excellent, Sklansy & Malmuth in particuliar. I have use them as reference sine David wrote his first many years ago.

I have found that game experience and in particuliar,"Situations" which it is difficult to address in 'books' makes hands on teaching valuable. It is often very difficult to apply a blanket answer to a 'situation' that comes up in a games constantly.

Also, there are many players that do not have the experience to deal with these 'situations' as does the experienced player/teacher. And yes, experience can produce 'inside information', that's your term...simply put, things others' don't know. Do you think for examplethat the new player of 3, 4 months that has read the good books (many contain poor, misleading if not confusing information)would stand a chance against the David Sklansky's or Mason Malmuths? Other than the small degree (short term) of luck that may come their way, long term, they could not possibly beat this caliber of player.

A few years ago my ex roomate who decided he wasn't going to quit playing but was a consistant looser decided that if he was going to play, he may as well win, took lessons from D. Sklansky and after a couple of months he went from a negitive earn to a positive earn. David's lessons made the difference in not only his loosing, but his life. He now makes his living from poker.

Attitude is paramount. You must WANT to win. You really must want to win and take it seriously, even if you are only a casual player, or continue loosing and simply call it a hobby. Many people do this as well.

Sincerely,

Brian