PDA

View Full Version : HU Play

TruFloridaGator
05-04-2005, 12:40 AM
$10+1
Blinds are 150/300

Hero is SB (T9000)
Villian is BB (T4500) - This guy has called everyone of my raises HU(of about 3x+ blinds) with any conceivable hand, every hand is within is limping & raise calling range.

Hero is dealt Ac9h

Preflop:
Hero raises to 900, Villian calls.

Flop(1800) - 7h6h3s
I bet out 1200 & then he re-raised AI to 3600.

Is a call here awful or, or is there a better move for me to make? My HU struggles continue. I'm winning HU still but I feel I am making to many mistakes along the way.

TruFloridaGator
05-04-2005, 01:06 AM
bump?

zipppy
05-04-2005, 01:06 AM
If he's willing to raise, he probably hit at least a piece of the flop. As long as he's willing to call your pre-flop raises with any hand, I like a fold here. You can make up those 2k+ chips that you lose on this hand quickly if he's that loose.

TruFloridaGator
05-04-2005, 01:08 AM
ok, thanks, yeah it seems like theres 1-2 hands every HU where I just brain freeze & dont analyze the situation enough & make silly plays..thank God for my bubble play right now.

Nick M
05-04-2005, 02:06 AM
Personally I wouldn't call here. You are getting serious pot odds though. 1800 + 1200 + 3600 + antes and you need to call 2400. That's like 2.5 to 1 but if he has any part of that board you're dead. I personally wouldn't have raised preflop with this hand either. It plays horrible post flop. If the ace flops you're likely to have the best hand, but you'll get no action cause you raised preflop. And If you do get action you could be in kicker trouble. A9 is a lot better than A3 but I still wouldn't raise. Not when it could put you in a bad spot post flop like this one.

Big Limpin'
05-04-2005, 02:14 AM
Yes call, theres 2 cards to come. Alot can happen for you to win, and the pot lays good odds.

If he's on one pair, you have 6 outs. If hes betting a draw, you might just win ace-high, etc, etc.

If im BB, button raises, and i have grounds to call....and the flop comes a bunch of lows....theres an almost certainty im going to get all in. See why?

GtrHtr
05-04-2005, 12:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If he's willing to raise, he probably hit at least a piece of the flop. As long as he's willing to call your pre-flop raises with any hand, I like a fold here. You can make up those 2k+ chips that you lose on this hand quickly if he's that loose.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is good advise. I think he has figured out that you are struggling a little in HU play but you will hit a hand sooner rather than later and bury this guy. Patience young Gator.

AliasMrJones
05-04-2005, 12:22 PM
I think an important question to ask here is what has happened other times postflop after he's called your raise? Has he folded to a flop bet in the past? Since he'll call anything PF, the important info is what does he do postflop, which you haven't said anything about.