PDA

View Full Version : What to do..

GutPunch
05-04-2005, 12:28 AM
100+9 25,000 guar.
Powered by UltimateBet
Started at 04/May/05 00:15:48

<font color="blue"> Hero </font> is at seat 6 with 13445.
<font color="red"> villain </font> is at seat 7 with 15625.

<font color="blue"> hero </font> posts ante (50).
<font color="red"> villain </font> posts ante (50).

posts the small blind of 200.
<font color="blue"> hero </font> posts the big blind of 400.

Hero: Td Kc
Pre-flop:

<font color="red"> villain </font> raises to 800. folded to hero
<font color="blue">Hero </font>
calls.

Flop (board: 3s Kd Ts):

<font color="blue"> Hero </font> checks. <font color="red"> villain </font> checks.

Turn (board: 3s Kd Ts Jc):

<font color="blue"> Hero </font> bets 1000. <font color="red"> villain </font> raises to 5200.
<font color="blue"> Hero??? </font>

Fairly average raise from a fairly average player. not a great read on villain but have seen him play a few hands. Nothing too tricky or special.

Im really pissed at myself for checking the flop, however I obviously did it with the intention of check-raising.
Bad move??
Whats heros play??
Is this a easy laydown
or am I a moron

tek
05-04-2005, 08:03 AM
Checking the flop gave him a free turn card if he had a flush draw. And your turn bet was weak too. You gave him 3-1 for another flush draw card. The only hand he can beat you with based on his preflop raise are K's. Would he have raised with J's preflop...?

I'd have at least called his turn reraise.

durron597
05-04-2005, 08:07 AM
There are too many draws on that board to check it. I bet about 1200 on the flop.

JeanieJ
05-04-2005, 08:14 AM
Yet another Echo from me.

Bet the flop. There are too many cards you don't want to see come up. If he wants to draw to the straight or flush then you need to make him pay to see it. Top two pair with KT is always going to be on a cordinated board. You should be firing out on the flop.

I'd fold the turn personally but that doesn't mean it's a good fold. (EDIT/ADDON: Only due to the way you played it on the flop. It's going to cost you for information on this guy and by letting it check behind on the flop you gained nothing on his hand.)

pischa
05-04-2005, 09:22 AM
That is a huge raise on the turn. If I am counting correctly this i a clear overbet, screaming do not call. If he villain is siting with the nuts (straight) why raise so much? It might be that he sensed weakness from you by your checking on the flop and now tries to steal the pot. He might e.g sit with AJ and throw a semi-bluff at you.
This would suggest reraise, but that could cost you the tournament.

I personally think I would have folded not to risk the tournament but I am not sure it is the right thing to do.

Just a thought.