PDA

View Full Version : Limp reraise with Pocket Tens

Nottom
05-03-2005, 11:51 PM
Party 30+3

Blinds 15/30.

Hero is UTG with TT.

Hero (around 770) Limps.
Folded to shortstack on button who pushes for 120.
SB (about 720) calls the 120. BB folds.

Hero Pushes.

Thoughts?

Phoenix1010
05-03-2005, 11:58 PM
Normally I'd like it, but being that SB already called off a sixth of his stack, I don't know how much FE you could have here. Also, the fact that he flat called the raise out of position instead of reraising to isolate makes it more likely that he has a monster and is inviting you in. Folding here might be a bit weak, but I'd consider it. I think fold > push > call, right now, but I reserve the right to change my mind.

Nottom
05-04-2005, 12:07 AM
In case you haven't noticed, people LOVE to call all-ins with all sorts of crap at this level. Its not uncommon for a player to go all-in for his last 200 chips at level 1 or 2 and get 2-3 callers.

My read on the SB is that its about 80%+ hes an avg/bad player with a marginal hand (likely a PP < TT, maybe some broadway cards).

Phoenix1010
05-04-2005, 12:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
In case you haven't noticed, people LOVE to call all-ins with all sorts of crap at this level. Its not uncommon for a player to go all-in for his last 200 chips at level 1 or 2 and get 2-3 callers.

My read on the SB is that its about 80%+ hes an avg/bad player with a marginal hand (likely a PP < TT, maybe some broadway cards).

[/ QUOTE ]

I was assuming that the average 33 player would know to reraise to isolate rather than flat call. I haven't played 33's in a while however, so that could be off. You did not mention any reads on the player. If you think there's an 80 percent chance that he's a bad player that would do this with a wide range of hands, pushing is clearly higher EV than folding, and almost surely better than calling, especially if there's a chance you have some FE.

wuwei
05-04-2005, 12:34 AM
Looks perfect.

Matt Walker
05-04-2005, 01:09 AM
Looks good to me. I like the push to isolate and increase the effective pot odds you are getting. I agree the sb is likely to have a bad hand that he won't call with.

Matt