PDA

View Full Version : 20+2: I flopped a BB straight, but the worst kind.

Slim Pickens
05-03-2005, 11:47 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t665)
UTG (t1840)
MP1 (t1475)
MP2 (t1210)
CO (t1510)
Button (t605)
SB (t695)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls t50, MP1 calls t50, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (t175) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

Now what?

TruFloridaGator
05-04-2005, 12:00 AM
I'd push the flop. You don't want to see any cards. You will probably be racing if you get called, but I like the chance to double up or hopefully take it down.

adanthar
05-04-2005, 12:00 AM
I vote CR all in, then puke when it's checked and the T /images/graemlins/heart.gif hits.

Slim Pickens
05-04-2005, 12:34 AM
Check-raise all-in was the plan, but it checked around. The turn was 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif. Now what?

zipppy
05-04-2005, 12:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Check-raise all-in was the plan, but it checked around. The turn was 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif. Now what?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd definitely push after the blank on the turn

TruFloridaGator
05-04-2005, 01:04 AM
yuppers

gh9801
05-04-2005, 01:14 AM
You're most likely good for now. Bet it out.

Slim Pickens
05-04-2005, 01:55 AM
Ug. Why is it every time I post a hand it comes back exactly the way I played it? I suck so badly I can't even figure out which hands I misplayed. Thanks for the help.

TruFloridaGator
05-04-2005, 02:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ug. Why is it every time I post a hand it comes back exactly the way I played it? I suck so badly I can't even figure out which hands I misplayed. Thanks for the help.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't suck..need a confidence boost /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Slim Pickens
05-04-2005, 12:24 PM
Sorry, I was whining. I talked about this hand with a decent limit/NL ring player not long after I played who insisted I should have bet the flop. Does that sound like a horrible idea? Now, I think I like just betting out 1/2 pot rather than attempting the CR. Why risk a free card to anyone with a heart or an ace when no one with a king, queen, or jack is likely to bet? This is a 22, and the players usually aren't sophisticated enough to bet a draw on a scary board like that.

Slim

Tilt
05-04-2005, 12:35 PM
I would bet the flop meekly, like 100 chips or so, hoping someone comes back over the top of me. I agree with your friend who says bet. You cant give free cards here. You also cant bet any amount that would have you commit you less than all in.

Pushing is not bad. I think checking is a terrible idea.

microbet
05-04-2005, 12:38 PM
People in $22s bet draws all the time. Maybe when they do it, it is because they are donkeys and when people in a $215 do it, it is because they are sophisticated; I don't know, but I know they do it.

willie
05-04-2005, 12:39 PM
meh, i had a hand like this yesterday

all heart flop, i had the 23 /images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif, i check raised the pot against minimum bettors and pushed a blank turn

winner had teh q7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif.

sometimes you play the hand perfectly but you're beat at the start.

Slim Pickens
05-04-2005, 01:39 PM
Yeah. I wasn't worried about losing to a flopped flush or higher straight. That's just an occupational hazard. What I don't like is that I gave a free card in a situation where I didn't stand to get paid off by a second-best hand because of the highly coordinated board, yet there were lots of playable hands that had redraws to beat me.

I'd debate that "people bet draws all the time" at the 22's, although microbet has probably played hundreds of times more of those than I have. I just can't think of any hand a typical 22's player could have that they limp in EP and hits this flop just hard enough to bet, but not so hard they'll slowplay like those guys on the TV. KQ or KJ maybe?

FWIW I meekly bet the turn and everyone folded.

microbet
05-04-2005, 01:56 PM
I haven't played hundreds of times more $22s than you, unless you have played less than 3 of them.

Maybe someone who has played a lot of them will let us pretenders know.