PDA

View Full Version : Slumping

Voltron87
05-03-2005, 10:22 PM
I'm in the middle of a slump. Half bad luck/losing more than my fair share of key coinflips and half making mistakes at level 3-4. I'm kind of frustrated, I've been having the situations where I'm all in on two of my tables, on is AK vs AQ, the other is KK vs JJ... and I look on in horror as I lose both of them. That is infuriating.

But I think I'm not just getting unlucky. I don't think I'm making many mistakes in early 10-8 handed play, and I don't think my bubble play is bad. Usually when the blinds are 100-200 and my stack size dictates everything (you have 1000 chips and an ace, it is folded to you on the button), I am coasting. I am not having many problems there. I do feel I'm having problems mostly at the 50/1000 level when I have 800-1300ish in chips. I feel like I'm lagging it up a bit much, not choosing my blind steals quite as carefully, and generally pushing with too many hands. I'll post some hands after I go through my histories and find a couple, but are other people's pushing ranges at the 4th level?

Sometimes I feel like I go into level 4 looking good and always come out with 300 less chips. Other times I look around and say "now why did I push that? The blinds are not pressuring me and that hand is not that great.". So I'm having trouble finding the sweet spot between folding too much and being passive and not amounting chips and FE for 100/200 and lagging it up and being broke with a hand which is not very strong when I was not under pressure. What are your pushing ranges with 50/100 blinds and a medium ish stack? A stack not big enough you have everyone covered and might be able to lose a race but not small enough you are on life support and each blind kills you.

I am not having trouble playing a big stack at all, or a short one, it is the middle ones I'm having trouble with. This is probably a combination of going on semi tilt and losing my confidence. My dollar results have not even been that bad, I am not down much money at all, I am down, but this is not like I keep losing tons of money, it is like I keep losing a little money and it's been that way for a while. Too long. So this is not a "Help I'm down 25 buy ins" post. If anyone wants to post their longest breakeven or slightly down stretch that would probably encourage me. So if you've actually read all this I would appreciate comments.

Thnx.

Degen
05-03-2005, 10:25 PM
I don't push at 50/100 (33's) unless my stack is under ~900 and the blinds are 'pressuring me' as you say. I wait to start pushing until the next level.

At 50-100 with over 1k I usually start making it 300 or 350 to go with AQo AJo KQs type hands, ones i'd be folding the first three levels.

Andre

DasLeben
05-03-2005, 10:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I do feel I'm having problems mostly at the 50/1000 level when I have 800-1300ish in chips. I feel like I'm lagging it up a bit much, not choosing my blind steals quite as carefully, and generally pushing with too many hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have this problem as well, and have thought of doing what Degen mentioned. I've noticed that in the low-buyin games, people still love to limp hands in for t100. I'm comfortable when the blinds hit 100/200 (and downright evil when they hit 150/300 /images/graemlins/grin.gif), but 50/100 is causing me issues as well.

Voltron87
05-03-2005, 10:30 PM
Yeah I'm making it 300-400 to go with less than the AJ-KQ hands when it is folded to me in the CO or button... I think I need someone to yell at me "WE'RE NOT AT THE BUBBLE YET CALM DOWN".

I still think it's hilarious about how we both post about downswings within a minute of each other... and yet post so differently. Seriously, when I lost that AK to AQ and the KK to JJ I was about to stab somebody... the timing was unreal.

Blarg
05-03-2005, 10:39 PM
Worse is losing AA on two tables at the same time.

Degen
05-03-2005, 10:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"WE'RE NOT AT THE BUBBLE YET CALM DOWN"

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif Couldn't have said it better myself. I had this same problem when i moved up to the 55's, I was pushing all the time when blinds hit 100-200 and sometimes when i had ~800 or so at 50/100 and I realized it was dumb. Ruined my table image and by the bubble (if i made it) people were calling my pushes (rightfully so) with all kinds of crap.

[ QUOTE ]
I still think it's hilarious about how we both post about downswings within a minute of each other... and yet post so differently.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! Ya man that was hilarious. I posted it then saw SLUMPING and i pulled dfscott's old avatar.

I just don't like ranting about bad beats but trust me, i've lost to about every horrible beat you can think of in the last few days. And the worst part is, i haven't been sucking out either /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Thats poker.

Hopefully we'll keep our wits and not let our games be effected and be back killing the game again in no time!

Good luck with your end of that.

Andre

Voltron87
05-03-2005, 10:46 PM
yeah, although the timing of these two was hard to beat. I was about 4 hours into playing, down about 10 buy ins, had 1800 chips on one table and 2000 on another... and I get those awesome matchups and they start at the same time... and I look at the AK table and I'm like ok I got a K on the flop AQ is dead... then I look at the KK table and he turns a jack... [censored]... then a look at my AK table and he RIVERS A STRAIGHT. AAAAGHGGGGGHH@!#!@#!@%*_(^#%.

Voltron87
05-03-2005, 11:02 PM
This is the play by play of what I've been thinking.

Step A. Holy crap I did not just lose all those races. This is so unfair! Life is unfair! What did I do to deserve this? This is unfair!

Step B. Well, I'm probably on tilt a little by now. No way am I playing well right now.

Step C. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I know, I'm not winning enough coinflips.

Step D. But I'm getting out a lot in 6th-7th before the blinds hit 100-200 or 150-300... hmmm... what level is that? I have no idea. It is unfair.

Step E. Ok, my problem is overplaying a mediumish stack at 50/100.

Step F. Post on 2+2, write about it, do a little analysis. Tilt declining as I find real reasons why I am losing.

Step G. Other 2+2ers give me good not on tilt advice and opinions and I see what I will do differently.

And they say that posting on 2+2 is -EV...

Degen
05-03-2005, 11:08 PM
For the 'why is this happening to me' part...try this post by Irie (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=1822484&page=1&view=c ollapsed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1)
and this one by Gigabet (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=1825403&page=&view=&s b=5&o=&vc=1)

Andre

Blarg
05-03-2005, 11:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
yeah, although the timing of these two was hard to beat. I was about 4 hours into playing, down about 10 buy ins, had 1800 chips on one table and 2000 on another... and I get those awesome matchups and they start at the same time... and I look at the AK table and I'm like ok I got a K on the flop AQ is dead... then I look at the KK table and he turns a jack... [censored]... then a look at my AK table and he RIVERS A STRAIGHT. AAAAGHGGGGGHH@!#!@#!@%*_(^#%.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got beat and bounced out of the game by 75 offsuit twice and by 52 offsuit once in the span of about a half dozen games when I had great hands the other day. Guys were calling just to protect their blinds, which also, to rub it in, were insignificant at the time. And I hadn't been raising or giving them any reason to think I was stealing. Boy did that burn my ass.

And reminded me once again that sooner or later, you'll see everything.

Thinking about things liek that later, it makes me feel better about my win rate or less bad about my loss rate.

Phil Van Sexton
05-04-2005, 07:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes I feel like I go into level 4 looking good and always come out with 300 less chips. Other times I look around and say "now why did I push that? The blinds are not pressuring me and that hand is not that great.". So I'm having trouble finding the sweet spot between folding too much and being passive and not amounting chips and FE for 100/200 and lagging it up and being broke with a hand which is not very strong when I was not under pressure. What are your pushing ranges with 50/100 blinds and a medium ish stack? A stack not big enough you have everyone covered and might be able to lose a race but not small enough you are on life support and each blind kills you.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I had to oversimplify a strategy for levels 1-4 on PartyPoker, it would be: "get ready for level 5".

The huge jump from level 4 to 5 is really the most significant event in party SnGs. If you survive it, you are in great shape to cash.

Therefore, once I get to 1200-1600 chips, I'll be super-tight on level 4. I've already achieved my "goal" of being ready for level 5 and I don't feel the need to risk that for 150 chips.

Even with 900-1100 chips, you can play tight on level 4 if the timing of the blind change is right. If the blinds will go up to 100/200 after passing you, your ~1000 stack will be in good position to steal on level 5 before the blinds hit you again.

I know its hard to laydown hands like AT, but I'm sure you do it all the time on levels 1-3. You don't HAVE TO raise it on level 4. Risking a push might not be worth it, and raising to 300 can get very messy when people call you.

It is often better to pass on good level 4 hands, establish a tight image, and then push any 2 on level 5.

Obviously, it depends on opponents, position, etc. You should still be stealing on level 4, but only if you want to. Don't let the cards dictate your play.

Voltron87
05-04-2005, 08:54 AM
Just for reference, that post is making fun of myself.

Voltron87
05-04-2005, 09:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I had to oversimplify a strategy for levels 1-4 on PartyPoker, it would be: "get ready for level 5".

The huge jump from level 4 to 5 is really the most significant event in party SnGs. If you survive it, you are in great shape to cash.

Therefore, once I get to 1200-1600 chips, I'll be super-tight on level 4. I've already achieved my "goal" of being ready for level 5 and I don't feel the need to risk that for 150 chips.

Even with 900-1100 chips, you can play tight on level 4 if the timing of the blind change is right. If the blinds will go up to 100/200 after passing you, your ~1000 stack will be in good position to steal on level 5 before the blinds hit you again.

I know its hard to laydown hands like AT, but I'm sure you do it all the time on levels 1-3. You don't HAVE TO raise it on level 4. Risking a push might not be worth it, and raising to 300 can get very messy when people call you.

It is often better to pass on good level 4 hands, establish a tight image, and then push any 2 on level 5.

Obviously, it depends on opponents, position, etc. You should still be stealing on level 4, but only if you want to. Don't let the cards dictate your play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the "messy AT situations" are what I'm having trouble with, amd up until the CO or button I muck it easily. I'm feeling a lot better today than yesterday, since at the end of yesterday I was at a the end of a 4 day period where I just did not know what to do and I then decided to blame it all on bad beats, since I was on tilt. The main thing was I was not sure what I was doing wrong, and that is hard to figure out when you are steaming. good post.

gumpzilla
05-04-2005, 10:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I'm making it 300-400 to go with less than the AJ-KQ hands when it is folded to me in the CO or button... I think I need someone to yell at me "WE'RE NOT AT THE BUBBLE YET CALM DOWN".

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe one thing that might help would be to employ a smaller standard raise at this level. When the blinds get this substantial, I really don't think you need to be raising to 4 BB's any more. 250-300 should be good.

Blarg
05-04-2005, 10:38 AM
I think the bug that bit you just bit me. :P

Crappy ITM to day of only 25%, but even worse, only one 1st place. Seemed like there was no shortage of miracles, but they were always hitting the other guy's cards. Ugh. What a crappy feeling.

I finally stopped playing for the rest of the day because I could feel some tilty-ness coming on. I couldn't wait to get away from the tables by that point anyway.

dfscott
05-04-2005, 10:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've found myself on the other side of this lately. I'm cruising with around t900 on level 4. Comfortable -- no need to panic. Then, two hands to my right, the blinds go up and I'm UTG+1 with crap. Now, I'm UTG with crap. Suddenly, the blinds plow through my stack, and I'm sitting there with 3BB and little to no FE.

I've learned to anticipate these situations a little better, but there's still not a lot of pleasant alternatives. It boils down to either pushing a marginal hand on level 4, or just shutting your eyes and pushing your crap on level 5 before the blinds hit. Lately, I've been doing a mix (depending on how marginal the level 4 hand is), but I lean towards the level 5 push.

[ QUOTE ]
Don't let the cards dictate your play.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is counter-intuitive to the newbie, but a true gem if there ever was one. If it's not already, I think this should be one of the steps in the "Evolution of an SnG'er."

kevstreet
05-04-2005, 10:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think the bug that bit you just bit me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately, I'm in the club as well. Last night it turned in to full tilt which led to bad play. After allowing myself to play like an ass during my last two SnGs I called it a night. I'm not at the 25-30 downswing yet, but I'm on way!

Freudian
05-04-2005, 11:48 AM
I am in a mini-slump. Just ~5 buyins. What I notice when I look at the hand histories is that I usually play well for most of a SnG. Then I get cocky at the worst time (calling all-ins with A8 because I think I have such a good read on the other guy or pushing 87s against a guy I know won't fold anything).

So my small slump is not due to bad luck. It's due to me thinking I'm better than I am and making stupid decisions. Hopefully I am able to exorcise this quickly.

Jibbs
05-04-2005, 12:05 PM
I'm just coming out of a slump where, like you, I was losing more than my share of coinflips and also a large amount of hands where I was a 2-1 or better favorite. It seemed that there was nothing I could do in the month of April that could get me past 4th place.

Over the first 10 months of playing sng's my ROI was always between 10% and 30% and I felt like I was playing pretty well. But last month really shook my confidence some as I dropped about 50 buy ins.

After about the third week of pain I noticed that I was tilting some and making some horrendous calls. Calls that I know I would not have made the month before.

While this month was painful I know that it has made me a better player. After studying many of my hand histories and working harder at getting good reads on the other players I believe I have improved my post-flop play dramatically.

I have won the last 4 sng's I entered and hope that is a sign that my slump is over. Hopefully yours will be soon also. Until then, try to use this slump as a learning experience. Review hand histories. Make sure that you are getting your money in at the best times and you are making plays that are profitable in the long term.

Good luck

MSUcougar
05-04-2005, 01:30 PM
This thread and Degen's have been helpful for me, as I too have endured a 40 buyin slump over the past week... seems like I've had just terrible terrible luck ever since starting a rakeback account on Empire 3 weeks ago.

It really started to get to me when 2 nights ago I caught AKs on level 1 and played a raised pot with 3 others. I ended up catching my flush on the turn (AK876) with 2 people still hanging around. The river was a 9 of the same suit and I proudly went all in with my nutz only to see villain turn over TT for the rivered gutshot straight flush and bust me in 10th.

Normally I just take my bad beats like a man and start up a new one but given my nice little slump I posted "you've gotta be kidding me" in the chat. Out of nowhere another guy at the table that wasn't even involved in the hand responsed "nope bye bye loser"

Talk about getting my blood boiling. I've never before wanted to punch somebody in the face so bad. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

/images/graemlins/blush.gif

curtains
05-04-2005, 01:48 PM
The trick to poker is to believe you are going to win every time you are allin, even if you get caught stealing with some garbage like 85o.

I'm sort of joking, but I think that having an irrational belief that you will win certain hands, can often help you play correctly. Sometimes when you are running poorly it's much harder to pull the trigger and steal, even though you know it's the right thing to do.

Apathy
05-04-2005, 02:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

The trick to poker is to believe you are going to win every time you are allin, even if you get caught stealing with some garbage like 85o.

I'm sort of joking, but I think that having an irrational belief that you will win certain hands, can often help you play correctly. Sometimes when you are running poorly it's much harder to pull the trigger and steal, even though you know it's the right thing to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

For experienced players I totally agree, but if someone is prone to tilt after losing several races then they might not want to think they are going to win everytime since they will be upset, everytime they lose.

Here's a way you could try to think about it that may help. A lot of situations, like the one the OP mentioned are things like, high blinds, hero pushes AK, villian makes correct call with AQ and they race it off. Now just think, if you had AQ you wouldve pushed and he wouldve called with AK same result. You were already 'lucky' to get AK, so don't sweat it if you lose becuase it couldve just as easily been the other way around.

When the villian makes an atrocious call and wins that is what can upset people the most (especially when the villian is ahead PF /images/graemlins/smile.gif) In those cases just comfort yourself by thinking of the longterm game, and how you will be taking much more money from players like that in the future.

Tilting costs money, quit as soon as you get upset about anything at all. To paraphrase Mike Caro, "Money you lose playing badly is worth just as much as money you win playing well"

willie
05-04-2005, 02:20 PM
glad someone else is, i was about to start a post about this

right now i'm down.... bought 20 buyins in 3 days.

i'm running absolutely horrible. i feel like i've lost every dominating situation, every overpair vs underpair situation and to every flush/ open ender that could come in....

this has to level out, i'm losing my ^$^@%^$#^ MIND.....

Newt_Buggs
05-04-2005, 02:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Here's a way you could try to think about it that may help. A lot of situations, like the one the OP mentioned are things like, high blinds, hero pushes AK, villian makes correct call with AQ and they race it off. Now just think, if you had AQ you wouldve pushed and he wouldve called with AK same result. You were already 'lucky' to get AK, so don't sweat it if you lose becuase it couldve just as easily been the other way around.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think this is a really good point that everyone should realize since it applies to a lot of situations. If you post the BB and are all in, get delt AA, and then it folds around to the SB who calls with 2,5o and ends up beating you its not a suckout. Its basically a coinflip since hes going to call with any two cards and you were simply lucky to get delt AA in the first place. Once I realized this it helpped me get into a better state of mind and accept that a lot of situations are completely decided by the cards. If I can't control these situations there's no point in getting upset about them.

Blarg
05-04-2005, 03:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This thread and Degen's have been helpful for me, as I too have endured a 40 buyin slump over the past week... seems like I've had just terrible terrible luck ever since starting a rakeback account on Empire 3 weeks ago.

It really started to get to me when 2 nights ago I caught AKs on level 1 and played a raised pot with 3 others. I ended up catching my flush on the turn (AK876) with 2 people still hanging around. The river was a 9 of the same suit and I proudly went all in with my nutz only to see villain turn over TT for the rivered gutshot straight flush and bust me in 10th.

Normally I just take my bad beats like a man and start up a new one but given my nice little slump I posted "you've gotta be kidding me" in the chat. Out of nowhere another guy at the table that wasn't even involved in the hand responsed "nope bye bye loser"

Talk about getting my blood boiling. I've never before wanted to punch somebody in the face so bad. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

/images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

An object lesson in why you shouldn't berate people at the table. There's little more aggravating than idiots calling you stupid.

Blarg
05-04-2005, 03:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I find that very much to be the case.

And extending the logic works, too. When I'm running well, I'll sometimes get a little tilty/sloppy, too cocky and confident, and try steals in situations I should have left alone. When you're running well, it can become TOO easy to pull the trigger.

willie
05-04-2005, 06:27 PM
ah, take a few more buyins off of my list....i think i may be done for a month or 2, i can't handle this garbage.

3 tabling, all of these hands happened within one minute of each other.

JJ AI calls a preflop, 50/100 i had 800 chips, lost to k8

AA calls AI preflop vs some raising/reraising preflop action, loses to AJ cc

kk call AI preflop 50/100, big stack open pushes for 12x BB, has me covered by 100 chips.

his AJ hits me up.

i think i've become numb from the bad beating i've been taking. these last 3 have barely phased me....i feel like i'm in shock.

i absolutely have to take some time off right now. /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

DasLeben
05-04-2005, 06:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ah, take a few more buyins off of my list....i think i may be done for a month or 2, i can't handle this garbage.

kk call AI preflop 50/100, big stack open pushes for 12x BB, has me covered by 100 chips.

his AJ hits me up.

i think i've become numb from the bad beating i've been taking. these last 3 have barely phased me....i feel like i'm in shock.

[/ QUOTE ]

None of those are really all that bad. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Even my A9o getting spite called by 64o and busted like a little bitch on the bubble wasn't really incredibly bad. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

willie
05-04-2005, 06:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

his AJ hits me up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even my A9o getting spite called by 64o and busted like a little bitch on the bubble wasn't really incredibly bad. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

i disagree. coming off the run i've had, this is just the culmination of absolute garbage. the fact that these happened while 3 tabling, all within a minute of each other is what makes them horrendous.

UGHHHH %#@%@#$%#@$#$#@^t%$^&@%^ %^@$^%$^$#%$#%#$@%$#%$#%$#%#$% bS C SUCKING MF C U NEXT TUESDAY DOUCHEBAG GONORRHEA DRIPPING AIDS LESION HAVING C CUZZLER.

end rant/close 2+2.

Blarg
05-04-2005, 07:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

his AJ hits me up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know the feeling. Within a half dozen tourneys the day before yesterday, I had monsters that got called with 7-5 offsuit not once but twice, and 5-2 offsuit, and beaten. Those calls knocked me off the table. Each time, there was no particular reason for the guy to call, as I hadn't been aggressive till then to make him want to make a grudge call, or anything, and his chips weren't about to run out or anything. Each time, it was just someone in love with playing and defending his blinds, for any amount, regardless of the situation.

*sigh* That's poker, I guess.

pergesu
05-04-2005, 07:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

his AJ hits me up.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i disagree. coming off the run i've had, this is just the culmination of absolute garbage. the fact that these happened while 3 tabling, all within a minute of each other is what makes them horrendous.

UGHHHH %#@%@#$%#@$#$#@^t%$^&@%^ %^@$^%$^$#%$#%#$@%$#%$#%$#%#$% bS C SUCKING MF C U NEXT TUESDAY DOUCHEBAG GONORRHEA DRIPPING AIDS LESION HAVING C CUZZLER.

end rant/close 2+2.

[/ QUOTE ]
DasLeben got hit by a one-outer yesterday. That's worse than all of those combined.

willie
05-04-2005, 07:46 PM
i'd also like to clarify that i do not make bad beat posts....i've long since learned that no one cares. but people need to keep in mind how completely TERRIBLE you can run for a stretch.

and yes that's poker, and yes that sucks.

DasLeben
05-05-2005, 12:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
DasLeben got hit by a one-outer yesterday. That's worse than all of those combined.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh man, that was hella good. C'mooon running aces. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Didn't you get janked by a one-outer yesterday too?

pergesu
05-05-2005, 03:20 AM
What the hell, Voltran? I was running just fine until you made this post. Now people are hitting their kickers left and right.

Next time you're running bad, keep it to yourself. It's contagious :P

Blarg
05-05-2005, 05:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i'd also like to clarify that i do not make bad beat posts....i've long since learned that no one cares. but people need to keep in mind how completely TERRIBLE you can run for a stretch.

and yes that's poker, and yes that sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've often found in them a sort of comfort. Sometimes a borderline ghoulish one. But a necessary sense of perspective and even camraderie sometimes. They definitely form a nice counterpoint to the incessant bragging you tend to see.

raptor517
05-05-2005, 06:41 AM
what a lot of my buds and i do, is send each other hand histories OVER AND OVER about every single hand we get sucked out on dirty. it makes us all mad, but really, we feel better doing it. i think. well, i do, since they do it back to me. maybe they do it cuz they are irritated, and its vengeance. in any case, it starts a big cycle of stupid bad beat ims. yay. holla

Blarg
05-05-2005, 07:14 AM
My friends and I used to have a kind of contest every Friday night over beers chronicling our real-life, non-poker type bad beats for the week. It was hilarious hearing about all the messed up, stupid things that happened to each of us and what stupid or hapless response we came up with to counter it. It was all the funnier when we deserved what we were getting or were thinking we were triumphing over adversity, only to have our asses handed to us yet again in the most humiliating fashion possible. We used to joke that it was the one contest where everyone's competing and nobody wants to win.

There's something restorative about laughing like hell at each other's bad luck and screw-up stories. It's much harder to feel sorry for yourself when everyone's laughing their ass off at you. You just have to start laughing too.

Phil Van Sexton
05-05-2005, 09:29 AM
During a slump, it is a good idea to find a fish willing to play heads up....

#Game No : 2000234567
***** Hand History for Game 2000234567 *****
$25 NL Hold'em - Wednesday, May 04, 21:53:25 EDT 2005
Table philvansexton's pvt table 1 (Real Money)
Seat 1 is the button
Total number of players : 2
Seat 5: philvansexton ( $18.15 )
Seat 1: voltron ( $29.25 )
philvansexton posts small blind [$0.25].
voltron posts big blind [$0.5].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to philvansexton [ Qs 4s ]
philvansexton raises [$1.75].
voltron calls [$1.5].
** Dealing Flop ** [ Tc, 5c, Jd ]
philvansexton checks.
>You have options at Table 14214 Table!.
voltron bets [$2.5].
philvansexton calls [$2.5].
** Dealing Turn ** [ 6c ]
philvansexton checks.
voltron checks.
** Dealing River ** [ Kd ]
philvansexton is all-In [$13.65]
>You have options at Table 11774 Table!.
voltron calls [$13.65].
philvansexton shows [ Qs, 4s ] high card king.
voltron shows [ Th, Ks ] two pairs, kings and tens.
voltron wins $35.3 from the main pot with two pairs, kings and tens.

Blarg
05-05-2005, 09:33 AM
LOL, don'tcha just hate that?