PDA

View Full Version : WSOP raffle update #26

Tuco
05-03-2005, 10:07 PM
Got the thumbs down from pokerstars today. To be fair, they are way busy for something that doesnt net them much.

I just don't think that it could fly without a hosting site. I didnt even bother to try party. Maybe True? David, you out there?

Tuco.

xxx
05-03-2005, 10:11 PM
Gaming Club?

TruePoker CEO
05-04-2005, 02:12 AM
Okay, I'll ask ... What is the pitch ?

Truepoker CEO

Mike Haven
05-04-2005, 06:26 AM
Original thread. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1993956&page=&view=&sb=5& o=&fpart=1&vc=1)

TruePoker CEO
05-04-2005, 05:43 PM
We would be glad to do it the first week in June, with the following proposed conditions:

1. Everyone who enters the raffle has to have a real money account with us, or open a new one, AND register for the WSOP Raffle (which we likely will set up on the tourney page) for a $100 raffle entry fee.
2. The "tourney" will have a set date and time for a raffle drawing, which will be drawn by Truepoker. The raffle must have the 100 registered entrants at the time of the drawing.

3. We should give this about a month to gell, we will buy the seat for the raffle winner.

4. If there are more than 100 entrants, then the residual cash goes to the Winner for expenses. If there are less than 100 entrants, Truepoker reserves the right to either cancel the raffle, and give everyone their money back, or supplement the prize pool. (No one from Truepoker is allowed to enter, no family members, no CEOs)

5. 2+2ers must pump this up, as this is your idea. We want the 100 figure to be reached of course but are a bit skeptical of a "raffle" among poker players who generally compete for prizes.

Truepoker CEO

IggyWH
05-04-2005, 05:48 PM
Rut Roh Raggie...

Looks like we might be having ourself a good ole fashioned raffle!

GrannyMae
05-04-2005, 05:55 PM
if we have an old account that was associated with an old credit card and email address, should we just open a new one?

TruePoker CEO
05-04-2005, 06:03 PM
Yes, preferably using Neteller as we pay the lowest fees inbound there and we have instant free cashouts for Neteller account holders.

(An old account holder who opens a new account will not get the First Time deposit bonus or the Newbie Freerolls or the Two Multi-table Freerolls we give to New Players.)

Truepoker CEO

scott8
05-04-2005, 06:12 PM
I just wanted to add that even though I have taken little interest in this project, I am glad to see people working together to achieve some desired results.
Another reason this site rocks!
-Sc

Reef
05-04-2005, 06:17 PM
Would it be possible to make a brief staking contract that everyone agrees to before signing up? I think in the original thread, every participant who didn't win received (1/#participants)*(50% winnings). Something that could hold up legally.

krazyace5
05-04-2005, 06:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Would it be possible to make a brief staking contract that everyone agrees to before signing up? I think in the original thread, every participant who didn't win received (1/#participants)*(50% winnings). Something that could hold up legally.

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt many people would participate with these terms.

TruePoker CEO
05-04-2005, 06:33 PM
Personally, I think this is a mistake, keep it a simple raffle prize, not a joint venture.

ttleistdci
05-04-2005, 06:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought someone determined that gambling contracts or agreements like this one cannot be legally binding?

Tuco
05-04-2005, 10:05 PM
David.

Thanks for your interest! I dont even remember if I have an account here or not, but I will certainly try your site again as thanks for helping us.

As far as the conditions go, I would offer these suggestions.

Conditions 1 through 3 seem fine to me. Condition 4 should be changed to if there are more than 100 entrants, then we should award a seat for each 100 entrants, with the remainder eligible for a cash draw. So that if there are 264 entrants then there is a draw among the first 100 registrants for a seat, then the next hundred for a seat, then a draw for $6400 for the last 64 that register.

We will pump this up. I'll advertise on my radio show and website and I would expect other 2+2 er's will do their best to advertise as well.

FYI I won't be entering as I have a seat already, unless maybe Truepoker would let the winner use the 10K in other WSOP events.

How does all this sound?

Tuco.

Shoe
05-05-2005, 03:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought someone determined that gambling contracts or agreements like this one cannot be legally binding?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think, a contract that involves a LEGAL poker tournament such as the WSOP would be legally binding, however, it would be extremely difficult and time-consuming to enforce (if someone broke their word).

As for the other poster, who suggested that if there were 264 entrants, that an additional $6400 would get raffled off to another contestant, I think it would be better if this money would be split amongst the 2 winners in this scenario to cover airfare, hotel, etc.... maybe cap it at maximum $12,000 per winner or something. For example, if there were 164 entrants, the winner would get WSOP + $2,000 to cover expenses. The remaining $4,400 could either go to 2nd place or split amongst the next 5 winners or something.

Tuco
05-05-2005, 08:24 PM
bumpage for David!

Tuco.

danobee
05-05-2005, 10:01 PM
IMO True should add soemthing to the total $$ amount in the raffle.

If this goes through they're going to not only get some "free" pub,but some new sign-ups and no doubt some "new" rake.

krazyace5
05-05-2005, 10:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

If this goes through they're going to not only get some "free" pub,but some new sign-ups and no doubt some "new" rake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or they could say why bother and not even do it.

o0mr_bill0o
05-05-2005, 10:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, and in return they facilitate the raffle... no need for them to contribute anything.

BISCO
05-05-2005, 11:18 PM
just making an "i told you so" post before someone runs off with the cash, or someone gets caught rigging the raffle.