PDA

View Full Version : Deadliest Catch

fluxrad
05-03-2005, 08:53 PM
Tonight. 9pm. Discovery.

It's like Jack Bauer meets fishing!

"TELL ME WHERE THE CRAB ARE!!!"

OMG!!!11one

Ok. Actually, it's just a really cool show. Aparently crab fishing is the deadliest profession in the world.

Woolygimp
05-03-2005, 08:54 PM
Wouldn't being a suicide bomber be the deadliest profession in the world?

mostsmooth
05-03-2005, 08:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

OMG!!!11one

[/ QUOTE ]
any reason for this?

fluxrad
05-03-2005, 08:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wouldn't being a suicide bomber be the deadliest profession in the world?

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of the suicide bombers I know aren't good enough to turn pro.

fluxrad
05-03-2005, 08:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

OMG!!!11one

[/ QUOTE ]
any reason for this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Naw. It was just stolen from Somethingawful. I find it amusing so I throw it in whenever I'm faking intense excitement.

mostsmooth
05-03-2005, 08:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

OMG!!!11one

[/ QUOTE ]
any reason for this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Naw. It was just stolen from Somethingawful. I find it amusing so I throw it in whenever I'm faking intense excitement.

[/ QUOTE ]
i see
you know its rather stupid, right? /images/graemlins/cool.gif

rmarotti
05-03-2005, 08:58 PM
Don't be a hater.

Woolygimp
05-03-2005, 08:58 PM
I beg to differ, with the amount of currency these fundamentalist islamic groups donate... they potentially make 15,000-100,000 for pushing a button.

Edit: Money is given to surviving relatives...in a profession that has a 100% mortality rate.

fluxrad
05-03-2005, 08:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you know its rather stupid, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

moo.

Aytumious
05-03-2005, 09:03 PM
That's the point. It's funny in that the originator of it was either very clever or remarkably stupid.

mostsmooth
05-03-2005, 09:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That's the point. It's funny in that the originator of it was either very clever or remarkably stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]
but hes not the originator, thus the supreme stupidity

BWebb
05-04-2005, 12:27 AM
Thought I was the only one watching this. I think it's okay, but I wish they would play down the "DEADLIEST JOB IN THE WORLD" and "AT ANY MOMENT SOMEONE COULD DIE" bullshit. Have it tivo'd, will watch it later. It actually looks like something that would be could to do once, but as a greenhorn I'd only be baiting, which sucks.

Alobar
05-04-2005, 12:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Thought I was the only one watching this. I think it's okay, but I wish they would play down the "DEADLIEST JOB IN THE WORLD" and "AT ANY MOMENT SOMEONE COULD DIE" bullshit. Have it tivo'd, will watch it later. It actually looks like something that would be could to do once, but as a greenhorn I'd only be baiting, which sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm actually watching it now. I agree it would be cool to do once, but not as a green horn.

fluxrad
05-04-2005, 12:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, but it's damned near impossible to get someone to watch a "fishin' show" without their being like zombie crab or hot trout-on-trout action or something.

That guy
05-04-2005, 12:44 AM
I have been watching this show...

one guy says on the trailer that they make $20k-100k for a few days work... not sure about that... that is a lot of crab at $30 per crab.

http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/deadliestcatch/splash.html

my money says to bet against the little 'Andrea Gale' -- I mean 'Lucky Lady'...

Nottom
05-04-2005, 01:12 PM
I haen't watched this series, but they had a similar thing run about 6 months ago (I think it was different that the current series).

During the 5 day season, they lost 1 man (maybe 2) from the fleet. On one of the ships with a camera crew, one of the greenhorns was knocked overboard in the middle of the night. Luckily they were able to retrieve him, but they said that he was one of the very lucky few that survive going overboard in those conditions. They gave the payouts the men got at the end of the show and many of them did make 10-20K, but most don't get that much. You need to a) be on a ship with a really good catch and b)be one of the senior crew members to achieve a full share, the new guys usually got a half-share.