PDA

View Full Version : Guinea Pig

UOPokerPlayer
05-03-2005, 08:07 PM
It happened.

I went broke.

I went from 500 to 0 in a period of about 2 months.

Down 200 at the 2+2 table NL200 table. Never should've played there

Lost 125 in playing six MTT's with one cash for little gain. No big deal, but I couldn't afford the variance.

There are so many reasons why I went broke

-Cashing out BR money
-Moving up limits and gambling (playing scared)
-Lack of concentration
-Playing at bad times (weekday mornings)
-Boredom (25nl doesn't have the pizazz it used to)

The worst thing is that I'm a 10bb/100 player after 5000 hands at NL25. My statistics at the NL50 and NL200? Not so much.

So right now, I'm going to start over. I read a lot of 2p2 and I find myself right on when strategy posts come up. I'm not a great player and have my fair share of holes, and I'm always improving, but I think you can beat Party NL25 with a fair amount of holes. I just got Poker Tracker these last two months, but before that I played 25nl and tournaments and all I did was cash out. Again, not bragging, this is party 25NL.

I'd like to take some solace in the thoughts that everyone does this at least once. I was running bad, (insert bad beats), but I was also making some pretty awful calls at points. I've accepted my embarassing fate that I lost money playing online poker and am ready to get my ass in gear and start slaughtering the game like so many others on this site do.

I'm using this post to continually bump after every significant session I play with hands and thoughts and just something to use to keep me on the right track.

First order of business - One week, no poker, period. 2p2 is ok, but no playing. Report back in a week when hopefully I'll be itching to play.

Thoughts, Suggestions?