PDA

View Full Version : Pink's or Tail o' the Pup?

dsm
05-03-2005, 05:43 PM
Tail o' the Pup
http://www.seeing-stars.com/Images/slides/TailOfThePup(small).JPG
http://www.losangeles.com/dining/gifs/dine-pink-sm.jpg

kerssens
05-03-2005, 05:44 PM
didn't know such places existed

MoreWineII
05-03-2005, 05:45 PM
Tail o' the pup wins just because of the sexually suggestive hot dog stand.

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
05-03-2005, 05:45 PM
is it 1950 again?

gorie
05-03-2005, 05:47 PM
i dunno, do either of them have cheddar dogs ?
hotdogs are gross unless there is cheese in 'em. and even then they're still kinda gross.

JoeU
05-03-2005, 07:54 PM
I've had Pink's at the Bike in January. I've never had Tail o' the Pup.

Having said that, Tail o' the Pup, and its not even close.

If you REALLY want a great hot dog, my recommendation would be Augie & Rays in East Hartford or The Glenwood in Hamden.

Joe

private joker
05-03-2005, 07:58 PM
Most people who reply to this thread will have not even been to L.A. I've eaten at both and Tail o' the Pup is clearly better (Pink's, while more famous, actually tastes like crap -- the dogs have a chewy, leathery outer skin and the inside is tasteless).

That said, an excellent alternative is Skooby's on Hollywood & Cherokee.

Thythe
05-03-2005, 08:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Most people who reply to this thread will have not even been to L.A.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most people from LA think it is the center of the universe.

DeezNuts
05-03-2005, 08:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Most people from LA think it is the center of the universe.

[/ QUOTE ]

It isn't? Actually, I think this applies more to people from NYC, but can still be applied to Angelinos.

Best hotdog place: Top Dog in Berkeley.

Have yet to have a good dog in LA.

DN

jakethebake
05-03-2005, 08:10 PM
James Coney Island

dsm
05-03-2005, 10:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Pink's dogs have a chewy, leathery outer skin

[/ QUOTE ]

So when you bite into the dog there's a (((snap))) as your teeth pierce through the thick outer skin. I Hate That!

[ QUOTE ]
An excellent alternative is Skooby's on Hollywood & Cherokee.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks I'll give it a try.

-dsm

rusty JEDI
05-03-2005, 11:21 PM
If ive never had either what do i select so i can see the results considering you didnt give the option so see it without voting?

rJ

dsm
05-03-2005, 11:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If ive never had either what do i select so i can see the results considering you didnt give the option so see it without voting?

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you're f*cked. /images/graemlins/grin.gif Just kidding. It's an informal poll, so just hit "Other."

Funny avatar.

http://www.bcsportbikes.com/forum/customavatars/avatar2014_23.gif

-dsm

MaxPower
05-03-2005, 11:49 PM
I don't even live in LA and I know its Pink's because this topic comes up constantly on here.

Rick Nebiolo
05-04-2005, 02:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Most people who reply to this thread will have not even been to L.A. I've eaten at both and Tail o' the Pup is clearly better (Pink's, while more famous, actually tastes like crap -- the dogs have a chewy, leathery outer skin and the inside is tasteless).

[/ QUOTE ]

Where is Tail o' the Pup?

~ Rick

PokerFink
05-04-2005, 02:20 AM
The answer is clearly nathan's famous.

youtalkfunny
05-04-2005, 03:07 AM
There's a hotdog stand in Lawrence, MA called "Lawton's Famous Hotdogs", on the banks of a canal. It's been there since the mid 1800's. It was included in Yankee magazine's "Top Ten Hot Dogs in New England".

I grew up in the town right next to Lawrence, yet somehow, never tried a Lawton's dog. Every time I'd drive by the place, whoever was in the car with me would lick their lips and say, "MMMMM, I haven't had a Lawton's hotdog in a long time." And they'd go nuts when I told them I've never been there.

Finally, at the age of 25, and about to ship out to Basic Training, I decided I had to try one of these before I left town.

I drove down, walked in, ordered two dogs, and a coke. I walked back outside, to sit on my car while I ate (no tables).

I took a bite.

I made a face.

And I threw both hot dogs into the canal. NASTY!!!

I can't explain how important this story is. I've heard my entire life that one thing was true, then discovered the opposite was true. It was like learning the truth about Santa, or the tooth fairy...only I was a grown man.

private joker
05-04-2005, 03:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Where is Tail o' the Pup?

[/ QUOTE ]

On San Vicente just north of Beverly, near the Beverly Center. There may be another location, but not one that I am aware of.