PDA

View Full Version : Audi TT Roadster = girls car?

1800GAMBLER
05-03-2005, 03:20 PM

bunky9590
05-03-2005, 03:40 PM
Oh boy, I can just hear Steven's Reaction now!

BusterStacks
05-03-2005, 03:47 PM
Total chick car.

astroglide
05-03-2005, 04:14 PM
i think it's fairly gender-neutral.

a cabrio, for example, is a girl's car. the tt is like a more male-influenced audi analog of a convertible beetle.

Patrick del Poker Grande
05-03-2005, 04:15 PM
Neither. It's for metros.

Los Feliz Slim
05-03-2005, 04:16 PM
I saw a guy driving a TT convertible last weekend, and he was also wearing an official Audi TT baseball cap. I bet he's got the keychain and the pen and the polo shirt too.

DemonDeac
05-03-2005, 04:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I saw a guy driving a TT convertible last weekend, and he was also wearing an official Audi TT baseball cap. I bet he's got the keychain and the pen and the polo shirt too.

[/ QUOTE ]

i hope you procedded to call him an f'in tool

DMBFan23
05-03-2005, 04:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I "saw" a guy...sure, you did...

Patrick del Poker Grande
05-03-2005, 04:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure that's exactly what he just did.

Mansavage
05-03-2005, 04:18 PM
I had a good friend who was very proud of his TT until the day I overheard this conversation at a home game.

Stranger: Who drives that TT out front
Friend: That would be mine
Stranger: Nice car...
Friend: Thanks
Stranger: ...For a Lesbian

I think that pretty much sums it up.

SomethingClever
05-03-2005, 04:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Stranger: Who drives that TT out front
Friend: That would be mine
Stranger: Nice car...
Friend: Thanks
Stranger: ...For a Lesbian

[/ QUOTE ]

http://geocities.com/hankuppercut/fstallowned.jpg

Hack
05-03-2005, 04:26 PM
I really don't appreciate this thread. You see, I happen to drive an Audi TT, and I also own the baseball cap and keychain.

shadow29
05-03-2005, 04:32 PM
I forget, is the roadster the convertible? Or are both the convertible and the hardtop roadsters?

IMO the convertible is a girl's car.
The hardtop is a man's car.

Hack
05-03-2005, 04:33 PM
I drive the convertible. I'm a guy.

Patrick del Poker Grande
05-03-2005, 04:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You're driving a woman's car.

Hack
05-03-2005, 04:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You're driving a woman's car.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't particularly care if it is a woman's car or not. I like driving it, and so does my wife. Usually she drives the Expedition.

chaas4747
05-03-2005, 04:40 PM
There is a guy that lives around me, I see him driving all the time, he drives one of these cars. The license plate has "TT" on it. He is even more gay than the guy with the hat, shirt, key chain, etc.

SomethingClever
05-03-2005, 04:42 PM
While I think this thread is hilarious, I do think the idea of "guy cars" and "chick cars" is absurd.

What's a guy's car supposed to be? A monster truck with a penis-shaped spoiler?

usmfan
05-03-2005, 04:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know, but my spoiler is on order. They were all out of penis so I opted for vagina shaped.

JaBlue
05-03-2005, 04:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

AWESOME!!!

DemonDeac
05-03-2005, 04:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure that's exactly what he just did.

[/ QUOTE ]

touche

Benal
05-03-2005, 05:14 PM
How about the BMW Z3, or the Porshe Boxter? They're basically in the same class as the TT.

M2d
05-03-2005, 05:17 PM
I thought lesbianic-auto-mechanization ran along the lines of jeeps and trucks.

Los Feliz Slim
05-03-2005, 05:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
While I think this thread is hilarious, I do think the idea of "guy cars" and "chick cars" is absurd.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I generally agree with you, no man should drive a Miata.

gvibes
05-03-2005, 05:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How about the BMW Z3, or the Porshe Boxter? They're basically in the same class as the TT.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that they are all kind of borderline. I think the base models are all dogs, in particular the base TT. 3600 pounds and only 180 hp? Ouch. The top end model is marginal, but I still wouldn't really call it a sports car. Boxster S is close as well. The TT and Boxster's problem is that they weigh so damn much.

At least the Z4 is a light car.

RacersEdge
05-03-2005, 05:36 PM
Don't even think about bashing an RX-8....

Patrick del Poker Grande
05-03-2005, 05:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't even think about bashing an RX-8....

[/ QUOTE ]
There's definitely no bashing on the RX-8. This is a very cool car, even if it's only for the engine. I generally agree with gvibe's assessment. These are all borderline cars. Generally speaking, I'm not a fan of convertibles. If you get a TT, it MUST be the hard top. Finally, with the exception of some autocross, there is absolutely no way any man should be driving a miata. I will not bend on that one.

RunDownHouse
05-03-2005, 05:51 PM
Some things are just emasculating. Driving a yellow VW Beetle, for example, while your wife drives an F-350.

Apparently an Audi TT is like that.

M2d
05-03-2005, 05:53 PM
what's your thoughts on the s2000?

astroglide
05-03-2005, 06:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There's definitely no bashing on the RX-8. This is a very cool car, even if it's only for the engine

[/ QUOTE ]

perhaps academically, but a lot of people hate high-rev/low torque whiny engines. 8500RPM = no thanks.

Patrick del Poker Grande
05-03-2005, 06:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
The s2000 is in the same class as the miata. It's great for autox and it's got a great engine - arguably the best pound-for-pound engine there is on a reasonable budget, but don't be daily driving that thing.

Patrick del Poker Grande
05-03-2005, 06:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There's definitely no bashing on the RX-8. This is a very cool car, even if it's only for the engine

[/ QUOTE ]

perhaps academically, but a lot of people hate high-rev/low torque whiny engines. 8500RPM = no thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]
How can you hate reving? Also, have you driven one of these? My friend's got one and it's awesome. The sound of the engine is absolutely... I don't even know what to say - it's awesome.

M2d
05-03-2005, 06:04 PM
I won't until I turn 50, at least.

Patrick del Poker Grande
05-03-2005, 06:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
That was my other caveat that I forgot to put in there. If you want to drive a miata or an s2000, you have to be either a woman or at least middle-aged.

MrFeelNothin
05-03-2005, 06:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
That was my other caveat that I forgot to put in there. If you want to drive a miata or an s2000, you have to be either a woman or at least middle-aged.

[/ QUOTE ]

My dad owns a Miata, and I love driving it. Not as much as I like his other cars, but the Miata is like a frickn go-kart its so small and quick and light. I don't think any car that is a stick and goes fast should get the definition of a "chicks" car.

Except for possibly the Eclipse. Because I say so.

astroglide
05-03-2005, 06:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How can you hate reving?

[/ QUOTE ]

the same way i can hate garish spoilers and under-car lighting i guess. when i hear a whiny engine, i expect to see a lowered civic with an airbrush of uncle ben on the hood. it doesn't sound powerful or cool to me at all. i strongly prefer 200+ hp engines with matched numbers for lb/ft of torque.

Patrick del Poker Grande
05-03-2005, 06:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How can you hate reving?

[/ QUOTE ]

the same way i can hate garish spoilers and under-car lighting i guess. when i hear a whiny engine, i expect to see a lowered civic with an airbrush of uncle ben on the hood. it doesn't sound powerful or cool to me at all. i strongly prefer 200+ hp engines with matched numbers for lb/ft of torque.

[/ QUOTE ]
I completely agree with you on all the ricer crap, but there's a difference between ricers and a good, high-reving engine. I absolutely hate The Fast & The Furious for this.

Rick Diesel
05-03-2005, 06:21 PM
It is clearly a girl's car, just like the beetle, and just like the PT Cruiser.

BadBoyBenny
05-03-2005, 06:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Usually she drives the Expedition.

[/ QUOTE ]

We can see who wears the pants in this family.

masse75
05-03-2005, 07:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Never trust a man who drives a Miata. It's the Roadster of the 90's.

MelchyBeau
05-03-2005, 07:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I completely agree with you on all the ricer crap, but there's a difference between ricers and a good, high-reving engine. I absolutely hate The Fast & The Furious for this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did he (or anyone else at that first race) expect to beat Vin's Viper? OOOh a Viper, I know I'll race it with my Civic. They aren't even in the same class. F-1s don't race Nascar vehicles.

Melch

this guy
05-03-2005, 08:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
The s2000 is in the same class as the miata. It's great for autox and it's got a great engine - arguably the best pound-for-pound engine there is on a reasonable budget, but don't be daily driving that thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

A Miata is NOT in the same class as an S2000. The S2000 has a much nicer engine, handles better, is more "luxurious", and costs about $10k more. The Miata is a nice car, great for its price, but it just isn't at the same level as an S2000.

1800GAMBLER
05-03-2005, 08:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyhow, that's how this thread came about. I'm finally getting my first car but being 20, having just passed my test and living in Britland i can't get insurance _at all_ on a z3. Average insurance cost on most cars for me here is about $5k/year. So we in the twoplustwo chat room narrowed the cars down that i like to:

INFINITI G35 COUPE
Celica Exterior
Audi TT Roadster

Anyhow, i'm hoping the Audi TT doesn't fall into the same insurance category as the z3, oh, and that i don't look gay if i get one.

More suggestions are v. welcome.

BusterStacks
05-03-2005, 10:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did he (or anyone else at that first race) expect to beat Vin's Viper? OOOh a Viper, I know I'll race it with my Civic. They aren't even in the same class. F-1s don't race Nascar vehicles.

Melch

[/ QUOTE ]

What makes this statement funny is that Vin actually drove an RX-7. I hope you haven't been referring to it as a Viper in previous conversations because you would have looked retarded. Additionally, the other guy (Brian?) drove a decked out eclipse, which would absolutely be competition for an RX-7 when done correctly.

Blackjack
05-03-2005, 10:23 PM
No it's a chill car. Not a girls car

BMW Z3 or a Mercedes Convertible is a girls car.

350z roadster > Audi for manliness, power, and looks.

Blackjack

BusterStacks
05-03-2005, 10:27 PM
You think a CLK convertible is more girly than an Audi TT? I strongly disagree.

Reef
05-03-2005, 11:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

or a Bug

tpir90036
05-04-2005, 12:03 AM
I do not personally think that it is a girl car... but it just so happens that everyone I know who has one is a girl.

fluxrad
05-04-2005, 12:18 AM
Yes. It's a chick car.

It's not as bad as an Eclipse, but it's still a chick car.

TobDog
05-04-2005, 02:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
the same way i can hate garish spoilers and under-car lighting i guess. when i hear a whiny engine, i expect to see a lowered civic with an airbrush of uncle ben on the hood.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you saw my driving on the freeway the other day? Stop picking on my ride!

zephed56
05-04-2005, 10:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

or a Bug

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, they are girly like this one. A girly Bug (http://nike.cecs.csulb.edu/~jtdahl/movies/Wheelie.mpeg)

Patrick del Poker Grande
05-04-2005, 07:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A Miata is NOT in the same class as an S2000. The S2000 has a much nicer engine, handles better, is more "luxurious", and costs about $10k more. The Miata is a nice car, great for its price, but it just isn't at the same level as an S2000.

[/ QUOTE ]
Okay, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it like that. I meant it as being in the same situation that we're talking about here. That is, it's great for autocross and a fun drive, but you better not be driving that as your daily driver unless you're a woman or a middle-aged (or older) man.

By the way, I obviously agree with you - I just got done saying "it's got a great engine - arguably the best pound-for-pound engine there is on a reasonable budget".

Richie Rich
05-06-2005, 03:27 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v638/pwarcham/OOTtub.jpg
Jason, I think an Audi TT Roadster would suit you perfectly.

ChoicestHops
05-06-2005, 03:54 AM
I'd go with the Infinity G35 over an Audi TT, easily. The G35's are so f'n sexy.

Yobz
05-06-2005, 03:56 AM
Underpowered and "comfy", chick car.