PDA

View Full Version : best poker chapter ever written

asofel
05-03-2005, 02:12 PM
Just to keep up with the plethora of enjoyable quotes I've seen here (from the WPT forum):

[ QUOTE ]
Hi-Lo without a qualifier is the game my chapter is about in Doyle's first book. I believe it is the best poker chapter ever written

[/ QUOTE ]

Voltron87
05-03-2005, 02:20 PM
Did Sklansky say that? Link?

lucas9000
05-03-2005, 02:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just to keep up with the plethora of enjoyable quotes I've seen here (from the WPT forum):

[ QUOTE ]
Hi-Lo without a qualifier is the game my chapter is about in Doyle's first book. I believe it is the best poker chapter ever written

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i really think sklansky might be the biggest jackass ever.

mmbt0ne
05-03-2005, 02:22 PM
Don't leave out the rest!

Jax_Grinder
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
Jees, don't be so humble. Having read several of your books, I hold you in high esteem for teaching me some finer points about various forms of poker, as I am sure many others do also. But some of your recent comments are outrageous; bordering on arrogant in the extreme. Maybe this is a longtime trend that I simply hadn't noted. If that is simply who you are, then kudos to you for being comfortable with your flaws as a human being.

Of course, I can only hope to do ONE thing in my life that I will fee even remotely comfortable characterizing as the BEST EVER. Maybe I don't give myself enough credit.

[/ QUOTE ]

DS
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
When you are right you're right. It is entirely possible that the best poker chapter ever is "Heads Up on the End". Others would argue that it is "The Eight Mistakes In Poker". I don't know what got into me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Voltron87
05-03-2005, 02:25 PM
fer chrissakes, link please.

if sklansky just added the qualifier "i've ever written" this wouldn't be a ridiculous statement. all his dickriders on here would take it to mean the same thing.

razor
05-03-2005, 02:30 PM
you are more than welcome to provide some alternative suggestions...

asofel
05-03-2005, 02:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Did Sklansky say that? Link?

[/ QUOTE ]

brilliant guess! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

link (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Number=2298516&amp;page=0&amp;view=colla psed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=14&amp;vc=1)

Voltron87
05-03-2005, 02:46 PM
I have not read enough poker books to make that judgement. I probably don't know enough about poker theory to decide even if I had read all the books out there. I don't presume to be able to.

Alobar
05-03-2005, 03:09 PM
did I click the wrong button? Isnt this OOt....wtf is poker content doing here?

Quit dragging the incredible gayness of the WPT forum over here.

Phat Mack
05-03-2005, 03:35 PM
It's not a chapter, it's a section in John Fox's book entitled: "Players of Modest Mentality Who Form Hypotheses," or words to that effect. Not only does it provide useful information about poker, but it explains the current political situation as well.

andyfox
05-03-2005, 03:48 PM
John Fox's book was astounding. I suppose as much for its political incorrectness and style as its poker advice. A one-of-a-kind never equalled.

BTW, "the almost legendary ASQ" of Fox's book currently works as a prop at The Bike. He's a wonderful gentleman.

asofel
05-03-2005, 03:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
did I click the wrong button? Isnt this OOt....wtf is poker content doing here?

[/ QUOTE ]

very true, and as a token of my apology:

GIS for big ol titties [NSFW] (http://images.google.com/images?q=big+ol+titties&amp;hl=en&amp;btnG=Search+Images)

(you have to admit its an amusing quote...)

lucas9000
05-03-2005, 04:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Phat Mack
05-03-2005, 06:21 PM
BTW, "the almost legendary ASQ" of Fox's book currently works as a prop at The Bike. He's a wonderful gentleman.

Neither you nor Rick have posted an AS story in a while. Get on the stick! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

disjunction
05-03-2005, 06:35 PM
I don't mind Sklansky's original statement, he's cute when he gets arrogant.

How about Brunson's chapter from the same book?