PDA

View Full Version : ideal time for stop n go?

Roswell
05-03-2005, 02:03 PM
Four handed at final table of Stars double shootout. Winner take all. I have t1000 left after posting the t75 small blind. The other 3 players have t4000 apiece. The first guy opens for t450. I have A8o in the small blind. He’s obviously committed to calling a raise. Should I push, or flat call and go all in on any flop?

Matt Walker
05-03-2005, 02:19 PM
I don't like the stop and go given the level of blinds. Change blinds to 200 and it becomes interesting. Wait for a better hand.

EverettKings
05-03-2005, 02:23 PM
I'm not sure if you have quite enough chips to pull off a stop n go. Assuming BB folds, you'd be betting 550 into a 1050 pot. Given those numbers and their stack sizes, the guy will call the flop a lot more than you'd like. For example, I'm not sure 99 goes away on a Qxx flop, or AK mucks on a baby flop.

The guy probably isnt going blind steal crazy just yet (everyone but you has 25+ BBs) so he probably has a decent hand. I much prefer to get my chips into the pot first, so I'd fold and push lots of hands when noone has opened the pot yet. I know you're getting short and A8 is about as good as it gets, but you still have plenty of chips to steal, and I like that line better.

-Kings

EverettKings
05-03-2005, 02:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the stop and go given the level of blinds. Change blinds to 200 and it becomes interesting. Wait for a better hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually prefer it if the BB is a bit smaller /images/graemlins/smile.gif.
With a BB of 200 the raiser would have made it 500 or 600, and you would have about zero fold equity with a 1/3 pot push on the flop.

This is a great stop n go hand, but I just don't think you're going to get him out often enough in this case.

-Kings

Edit: You don't really have time to wait for a better HAND, but you can wait for a better SPOT where you have some chance to win the pot without a showdown.