PDA

View Full Version : Half-life/Steam Bullcrap

EliteNinja
05-03-2005, 01:51 PM
I registered my HL CD-Key with Steam last summer and it worked just fine.

I try to play again, and Half-Life doesn't show up on the 'My Games' list. But when I try to register my key again, it says that it's already registered.

To get a key reset, you have to send (snail mail) in the jewel case with the CD-Key on it. You cannot just e-mail a photo of the key. AND here's the kicker: with it, you need to send $10 USD. Freakin' money grabbers.

I find that this is total crap. I bought the game ($20 Cdn) AND I registered it already with them. This really pisses me off.

Rant over.

istewart
05-03-2005, 01:53 PM
Why do you want to play Half Life? I assume you're talking about the original.

BTW just go on Gamesurge on IRC and spam around some channels for a key, they're always floating all over the place. I never paid for anything HL/CS related until I decided to get HL2.

EliteNinja
05-03-2005, 02:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why do you want to play Half Life? I assume you're talking about the original.

[/ QUOTE ]
Cuz I own it.
And I wanna play Counter-strike (Warcraft mod) with my buddies.

Sponger15SB
05-03-2005, 02:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

And I wanna play Counter-strike

[/ QUOTE ]

TFC > Couter-strike.

If anyone plays I usally play in MDB's Dustbowl only server.

My name is SupBro?

ArchAngel71857
05-03-2005, 02:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

TFC > Couter-strike.

My name is SupBro?

[/ QUOTE ]

I suck at CS:S. I don't know how you can suck at it, but I always get killed by people running with sniper rifles.
-AA

istewart
05-03-2005, 02:08 PM
So CS isn't on the list I assume? WC3 mod sucks dude /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

EliteNinja
05-03-2005, 02:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

TFC > Couter-strike.

My name is SupBro?

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to frequent there 2 years back, hehe.

I just got my new computer and no games to play /images/graemlins/frown.gif

fluxrad
05-03-2005, 07:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

TFC > Couter-strike.

My name is SupBro?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to have to go with a big fat negative on that one, captain.

Valve ruined Team Fortress. Anyone who played MegaTF back in the day knows what I'm talking about.

Counter-Strike is without a doubt the best multiplayer FPS on the market. That being said, thanks to Steam I will most likely not be buying anything else from Valve (see reasons outlined by the OP).

Freakin
05-03-2005, 08:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

TFC > Couter-strike.

My name is SupBro?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to have to go with a big fat negative on that one, captain.

Valve ruined Team Fortress. Anyone who played MegaTF back in the day knows what I'm talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Completely agree. I kicked ass back in high school....

Freakin

Sponger15SB
05-03-2005, 08:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You most likely did not come close to kicking ass. You probably just play server full of crappy players.

Freakin
05-03-2005, 08:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You most likely did not come close to kicking ass. You probably just play server full of crappy players.

[/ QUOTE ]

You question my abilities? I was a loser who did nothing but play TF for 6 hours a day for like 3 months straight. I was one of those guys....

Freakin

*EDIT* Though I definitely do understand the difference between the lone-ranger and team-based approaches to the game.

fluxrad
05-03-2005, 08:54 PM
Meh...if you were good at MegaTF then it most likely meant you were the only kid on your block with broadband

I remember moving into the dorms at Mizzou in '98. Boosted my skill ten-fold. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Freakin
05-03-2005, 09:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Meh...if you were good at MegaTF then it most likely meant you were the only kid on your block with broadband

I remember moving into the dorms at Mizzou in '98. Boosted my skill ten-fold. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm stupid, I kept seeing MegaTF as QuakeTF, which is what I played... Was MegaTF for Q1 or 2? I wonder how that would run on my new 6800GT OC..... I'm gonna have to get back into old games. Does anyone still play Q2CTF?

Freakin

Sponger15SB
05-03-2005, 09:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You question my abilities? I was a loser who did nothing but play TF for 6 hours a day for like 3 months straight. I was one of those guys....

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, which is nothing.

There are many people who play 6 hours a day for 3 YEARS

Freakin
05-03-2005, 09:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, which is nothing.

There are many people who play 6 hours a day for 3 YEARS

[/ QUOTE ]

Talk about raining on my parade... next you're going to tell me i'm not good at Halo2 either, just cause I'm only a level 11 and I get beat by little girls....

Freakin

apd138
05-03-2005, 10:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

TFC > Couter-strike.

My name is SupBro?

[/ QUOTE ] I agree with this back in the day when the soldier, demo, and medic were stronger classes. Now that the hw, and sniper are so powerful I think it kinda blows.

EliteNinja
05-04-2005, 04:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Freakin

*EDIT* Though I definitely do understand the difference between the lone-ranger and team-based approaches to the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah?!
I failed out of Engineering cuz I played Counter-Strike til 4am in the morning on schoolnights!