PDA

View Full Version : How can this guy be favored?

mrbaseball
05-03-2005, 01:13 PM
It's real hard to bet on the Rockies but today it looks pretty good to me. At +138 over SD it's decent value. Wright's numbers look worse than they are and in his 2 road (non-Coors) starts he has performed real well.

Redding on the other hand is utterly putrid. His first start was was good and since then he is maybe the worst in baseball. SD is 0-4 in his starts and in last 3 he has been torched in all 3. Over those last 3 starts he has amassed an 11.58 era and whopping 20.84 mba. Numbers don't get much worse than this.

Sure the Rockies suck but at this price against this guy they are an easy play. SD is a sub .500 team with an abysmal starter against a guy who has pitched well away from his homepark nightmare. Getting these kind of odds that Redding loses again looks pretty solid to me. Colorado has easily a 50% shot at winning this one.

scott8
05-03-2005, 02:00 PM
The Padres have not gotten a win out of there #5 starter since last June.

sportypicks.com
05-03-2005, 02:24 PM
MrBaseball,

Although I look at different things we both come to the same conclusion. I think Colorado has a little over 51% chance to win this game making +138 a good price.

bugstud
05-03-2005, 03:07 PM
just the historical rockies road record, and the fact that this team is among the poorer ones... /images/graemlins/confused.gif

I dunno