PDA

View Full Version : Final Chapter Lost Wages Road Trip

11-20-2002, 02:31 AM
Arriving at the Mirage still a little excited over meeting David and Mason it was time to do battle at the 10/20 Hold'em game. There were no seats available when the SPM arrived, he looked at his little brother and said the bonding is over it's time for war. Exit stage right little brother was off on his own. Someone must have said a fish had arrived because within seconds a new 10/20 game was opened. Could the SPM be that fish? /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

The game had about four young Vegas studs in the game one was patient two were overly aggressive and the other was gone before anyone new he was there. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif The rest were tourist and maybe one pro. The SPM took stock of each player clocking them two at a time to see what they were made of. The loose gooses flew out of the bushes pretty fast. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif They like any two and will defend their blinds with reckless abandon. The mini rocks took it slow and then the SPM was introduced to the King brothers. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif They had been in the hands of Mr Dealer but now they belonged the SPM. Raising didn't scare anyone and by the river the King brothers had been flushed out of hiding, at the river they lay dead on the felt table. One stack gone, a nice Asian man with his wife watching the action raked in the pot. He rivered the SPM no less than three times. River water tastes like, well you got the picture.

After three hours the SPM was stuck five stacks. Down and close to out with little hope of ever recovering. The game broke, maybe because the SPM had only one stack left. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif The floor said, Mr Fish we have another seat for you at table one. Who told him my name was fish thought the SPM. Taking the big blind at the new table. The SPM flopped top pair with a pitiful kicker. "Bet" said the SPM and several telephone company employees called. The turn was nothing so the SPM bet again and a young local made it three bets to go. With only a few chips left the SPM called the raise. The river was a zip and the fast playing local bet. The SPM called and the local mucked his hand. Excusing himself from the game the SPM head for the MEN's room. He wanted to make sure he had erased the words stupid fish from his forehead.

Returning to the game the SPM raised with pocket tens. Betting the flop and checking the turn for there was danger out in the middle, everyone checked. Then another local bets out the river and the SPM calls. Again the local folds and says, that was a tough call you made there sir. As if his move was something new, he did limp all the way didn't he? So the SPM says, "no it was easy, you got a tell." He tried a couple more unsuccessful moves against the SPM and then I do believe he was thinking to himself, maybe I do have a tell.

It took about three hours to get those five stacks back with a little profit for the day. I think they call it grinding it out. About a half hour before leaving with a minor win, the SPM hears two guys at the other end of the table kind of digging at each other. One was a tourist almost three sheets to the wind but still able to talk. Finally the local who the fish was kidding around with couldn't take it any more and goes ballistic. "I've been a pro for thirty years and I've never gone broke...blah, blah, blah. As he's giving the tourist a hard time, who was just trying to have some fun. Finally the SPM couldn't take it any longer. This tourist had helped get the SPM even so he deserved a little help. "Excuse me Mr Pro" says the SPM, "for a pro of thirty years, how good could you possible be, when your trying to chase your best customer away." With that the dealer looks at the SPM and winks. The fish got more courage and in fact gave the SPM a few more extra bets for helping him. The pro packed it in for the night mumbling to himself. Soon the SPM left and saw the pro at the cage cashing out, he was still mumbling to himself.

Friday the SPM played nine hours won a little but an interesting thing happened. Both 10/20 Hold'em games broke at 11:00 p.m. and many other games also broke. I still can't figure that one out. Little brother and I took the first flight home on Saturday. A good friend of mine had died and I needed to get back for the funeral.

SPM,...I had a great time...play long and prosper...

Ray Zee
11-20-2002, 10:26 AM
well you lucked out again SPM. i had all my dealer friends dealing seconds to the pro's so you couldnt win but somehow you got away again. i guess i will have to personally beat you in chicago this summer for all your little red men and tanks or whatever you have marching along in front of you at the table.

glad you had a good trip. sorry about your friend

zee

HDPM
11-20-2002, 12:06 PM
Sorry about the friend. Way to treat that "pro".

Phat Mack
11-20-2002, 01:19 PM
Sorry about your friend, SPM.

Nice comeback. I think you've shown your written-English-communication-skills-impaired detractors who the real poker player is.

Mark Heide
11-20-2002, 09:30 PM
SPM,

Good report! You're not a "pro" until you have had a statisical cleansing. How could this guy be a pro?

Don't worry about the z man. I doubt he'll come to Chicago. He can only cry wolf so many times. If you really want to annoy the z man, just bug him about writing his next book like I do. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

GL

Mark

baggins
11-21-2002, 06:43 AM
if zee comes to chicago, i say we take him for some good pizza, then down to harrah's. and he's buying!