PDA

View Full Version : Playerview stability question

Derek in NYC
05-03-2005, 12:12 PM
Now that Amir has released PV commercially, I wanted to start a thread on 2+2 about how people feel about the program. I have been using GT+ because it is stable, but I like the customizability of PV and the mucked card digger in the beta version. (However, I had problems making the latter work in 6 max). What's the general feedback on the commercial version of PV? I have particular concerns about its stability.

DeezNutz3
05-03-2005, 07:18 PM
I have it and it hasn't crashed today in 1500 hands. I feel that he will continue to work hard and make it ultra stable.

mcozzy1
05-03-2005, 10:23 PM
It's been crashing and freezing forever. I doubt they fixed it in the week since this last beta release.

pfkaok
05-03-2005, 11:52 PM
i've had some problems with the new version today. I've gotten Huge numbers taking up the entire game window on several of my games today. I still like it, but i'm really hoping that this stuff gets fixed now that its for sale.

highlife
05-04-2005, 11:22 AM
the biggest problem I have with PV stability is that it not only freezes itself, but also freezes the PP app, causing me to miss hands (potentially losing considerable money depending on the timing).

olavfo
05-04-2005, 01:28 PM
I've used the commercial PV for about 1000 hands. I've had one crash where both PV and the poker windows (PokerNow) froze. Other than that it's been working fine.

I can live with an occasional crash after a major upgrade of a program, as long as the bugs get ironed out reasonably quickly, as I'm sure they will be.

olavfo

Derek in NYC
05-04-2005, 01:36 PM
I ran 350 hands yesterday evening on Eurobet and had no problems.

highlife
05-04-2005, 03:31 PM
I just saw that Amir released a 1.1 version, suposedly more stable. It is also recommended that you always have PV already open before you start joining tables. Whenever I crash, it seems to happen when I open the PV program while already sitting at more than one table of PP.

olavfo
05-04-2005, 05:01 PM
Just saw that too. There's some discussion about the freeze problem here (http://www.playerview.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=377).

olavfo