PDA

View Full Version : Player notes

Ghazban
05-03-2005, 09:25 AM
I'm curious as to what sort of notes people take on players. I used to have general comments/observations in the notes but I found that wasn't ideal for me as I didn't always remember what exactly caused me to make the note in the first place. Now, I briefly notate specific hands and find that helps me a lot more in the future. As an example, I might say "openraised AK 3x UTG+1, then bet pot HU on all streets of Q72r42 board". This is just one hand, but, for some reason, I'm able to use that information in future hands better than if I just wrote "overplays AK".

warlockjd
05-03-2005, 09:41 AM
Just pasting from my post on the pokernoise.com forum. I'm leaving in the n00b explanations.

I put down things that I think will be repeatable.

"Min Rz KK LP" = He raised for the minimum amount (mini-raise, usually silly in NL) with KK in Late Position.

"Limp UTG AA" = Limps under the gun with AA (with hopes of reraising all in usually). If this guy reraises my raise from UTG, I will be very cautious.

"Call rz KQs, call flop 4 flush, blocking bet turn" This one I see a lot. Villian flops a flush draw, so he calls your bet on the flop. Then, on the turn, he bets a small amount hoping to see his draw for free. I always raise these guys if I have a hand. Charge that draw the maximum!

"Call down any pr" Bet strongly against these guys, they will pay you off with anything. Never bluff them.

"JJ=nut pf" This guy will reraise all in JJ preflop. Play, call accordingly

"Ckrz flopped trips" I see this one all the time, very easy to get away from, and also very easy to make the maximum when I flop a boat, bcz I know what he has. This particular play is horrible. Gives too much information to a good observant player for cheap

These are just a few. Maybe Rich can add some of his

PokerFink
05-03-2005, 05:44 PM
I take a lot of similar notes. I single-table, which makes it easy. Over time I have developed my own sort of archaic shorthand system.

If I see the player do something really stupid or really smart, I will often write a note in caps, such as "THIS PLAYER IS A MORON CS (calling station), STACK HIM WITH TPTK"

I also preface my notes with what game, such as HU (for heads-up sng) or 100nl.

xorbie
05-03-2005, 05:49 PM
I do similiar. I have notes that range from "min re-raised 88 in CO preflop" to "will call with any pair" to "called $1.5 potsize bet on turn with flush draw then checked behind when he missed."

Gustavo
05-03-2005, 05:53 PM
I use this one

Credits to Xianti and Fnord from flopturnriver.com

-, -- : somewhat exhibits characteristic
+, ++ : strongly exhibits characteristic
? : Unsure

* : Strong player (when table shopping I will mark tall stacks with *?)
O< : Weak player
T : Tight
L : Loose
A : Aggressive, (too) big bets, bluffs
a : Small aggression, lots of small bets
P : Passive, only gets aggressive on quality made hands
50c or b : Likes to make minimum bets instead of checking
% : Usually folds to aggression
$ : Calls most bets
$% : Calls early (pre-flop or flop), folds later (turn, river)
M or Multi : Plays Multiple tables
S : Likes to steal pots with not much of anything from the Button (or cutoff). Sucker for a check-raise.

L++ : Tries to play every hand
L+ : Folds a hand every now an then (72o UTG)
L : Plays lots of hands (around 50%)
L- : Plays a few more hands than should (Ace-little unsuited in a multi-pot)

$++ : Call with nothing
$+ : Call with any pair or draw
$ : Call with any draw (often on poor pot odds)
$- : Can't let go of hands (top pair, strong PP)