PDA

View Full Version : AA Turn Decision

Jazza
05-03-2005, 08:40 AM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

MP2 ($94)
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($100)</font>
<font color="#C00000">Button ($136.25)</font>
SB ($110.5)
BB ($91.8)
UTG ($96.35)
MP1 ($92.5)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif. Hero posts a blind of $1. SB posts a blind of $0.5.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises to $2</font>, Button calls $3, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $2.

Flop: ($9.50) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $6</font>, Button calls $6, BB folds.

Turn: ($21.50) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $15</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $45</font>, Hero ??

I feel like a total n00b for not knowing what to do here

this is my first hand at the table, but i have some stats on villian: 23/6 over 187 hands, seems pretty average

warlockjd
05-03-2005, 09:14 AM
Raise to $5 preflop.

I can't see you beating a lot of the hands that he's raising here, KQ, 77 being the usual suspects.

Could be a pair and a heart draw tho.

I say muck, but watch every pot villain is in and take a lot of notes so you will know what to do on him next time.

Jazza
05-03-2005, 09:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Raise to $5 preflop.

I can't see you beating a lot of the hands that he's raising here, KQ, 77 being the usual suspects.

Could be a pair and a heart draw tho.

I say muck, but watch every pot villain is in and take a lot of notes so you will know what to do on him next time.

[/ QUOTE ]

what's wrong with a 3 BB raise?

warlockjd
05-03-2005, 09:57 AM
Because AA prefers to play heads up and raising only 3 BB may bring in the button and both blinds.

This will put you in a lot more tougher situations postflop, and makes a lot more flops scary and a lot more turn cards scare cards.

Jazza
05-03-2005, 11:09 AM
i see what you mean, but short-handed i still think 3BB is a fine raise, in my experience a 3BB raise here doesn't get called by 2 people very often

warlockjd
05-03-2005, 11:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i see what you mean, but short-handed i still think 3BB is a fine raise, in my experience a 3BB raise here doesn't get called by 2 people very often

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay. How about getting th most value that you can out of the best starting hand, and maximize it's chances of winning the optimally sized pot?

Jazza
05-03-2005, 11:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay. How about getting th most value that you can out of the best starting hand, and maximize it's chances of winning the optimally sized pot?

[/ QUOTE ]

i like to keep my preflop raising fixed so people can't read me from my bet sizes

BuddahShark
05-03-2005, 12:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe 3bb is optimal with AA if this is a very tight game, if so, you need to get out of that game. At least 4bb is pretty standard with premium holdings in your position IMO anyway. Good luck.

warlockjd
05-03-2005, 12:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i like to keep my preflop raising fixed so people can't read me from my bet sizes

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough, but I really reccommend making 5 BB your standard raise.

Another option, which appears to opponents to randomize your raise sizes (and achieves the same unreadableness):

Make your standard raise 4 BB, but always add an extra BB for each limper already in.

So sometimes you will open rz to 4 BB with AA on the button, and sometimes, with 4 limpers you will open rz to 8BB on the button with JJ.