PDA

View Full Version : Review Of "Audioslave"

Bill Murphy
11-19-2002, 10:33 PM
Sounds just like latter day SG. RATM fans will hate it. It's pretty good, off one listen, although draggy both in spots and overall length. Unf'lly, there didn't appear to be one instantly memorable/hummable song or riff; sad when you consider each SG album had at least 3 or 4 that leapt out at ya immed'ly.

Buy it if yer a hardcore SG or Tom Morello fan, get Badmotorfinger, Superunknown, RATM I, & Renegades otherwise, if you're unfamiliar with either band previously and are curious.

Bill Murphy
11-19-2002, 10:36 PM
/forums/images/icons/spade.gif /forums/images/icons/heart.gif d /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif /forums/images/icons/club.gif sl /forums/images/icons/spade.gif v /forums/images/icons/club.gif

Card suit icons rule ok... /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

Bill Murphy
11-19-2002, 10:38 PM
"Card suit icons rule ok... " Unless they only show up on response & preview screens, that is. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

11-19-2002, 11:19 PM
Well damn, I never heard of a single one of those people (bands?) you mentioned.

Feelin' a little old just now. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif Think I'll go put on an old George Strait album... or maybe George Jones...

Bill Murphy
11-20-2002, 01:24 AM
Head on over to a used CD shop and pick up the following:

Soundgarden - "Badmotorfinger" /forums/images/icons/confused.gif
Alice In Chains - "Dirt" /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif
Faith No More - "Angel Dust" /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif
Jane's Addiction - "Nothing's Shocking" /forums/images/icons/blush.gif

Get them ol' juices flowin' again; start seeing life in whole new way... /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

baggins
11-21-2002, 06:46 AM
heard Dave Navarro was playing stud one time when i was at the Commerce. never got to check it out.

i've only heard the Cochise song from the radio. its not bad. i dug SG (especially Cornell's voice) and RATM (though they got repetitive after a while. and they ripped off of everyone a surprising amount for being such an original band).