PDA

View Full Version : ipod emergency

thatpfunk
05-03-2005, 03:17 AM
My roomates ipod decided to freak out the other day. He attempted to turn it on and it gave an image of a folder with an "!" over it.

He pressed menu and play to turn it off and later when he turned it on his song library had dropped from 4800 to 400.

Is there any hope? Should he risk putting more music on it? Has anyone heard of such a problem?

The music that was erased was completely random and from different folders, etc.

SGS
05-03-2005, 03:27 AM
I got that folder with an exclamation point thingy too, however I was unable to get rid of it. How did you get it to start normally again? I have tried to reset it and to restore the factory settings. None of this has worked. Sorry to snake your thread, but thanks for any help.

SGS

jason_t
05-03-2005, 03:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I got that folder with an exclamation point thingy too, however I was unable to get rid of it. How did you get it to start normally again? I have tried to reset it and to restore the factory settings. None of this has worked. Sorry to snake your thread, but thanks for any help.

SGS

[/ QUOTE ]

If there is an Apple store in your area, take your iPod there. I did this with mine, and they fixed it for free in a matter of minutes.

thatpfunk
05-03-2005, 03:30 AM
holding menu and play and it should turn off. he left it and it worked fine the next day (except for the pillaging of the songs of course).

Richie Rich
05-03-2005, 03:31 AM
Either take it to an Apple store, or call the 800 number for Apple and pay $60 to have some tech guy tell you how to fix it over the phone.

thatpfunk
05-03-2005, 03:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]

If there is an Apple store in your area, take your iPod there. I did this with mine, and they fixed it for free in a matter of minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you recover lost music?

jason_t
05-03-2005, 03:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you recover lost music?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, my whole collection was returned intact.

thatpfunk
05-03-2005, 04:01 AM
awesome, thanks.