PDA

View Full Version : Weep for me

Deathbear
05-03-2005, 01:26 AM
Thoughts on this? Should I really be that stunned?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Deathbear is MP3 with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Deathbear calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Deathbear calls, CO calls.

Flop: (17.40 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(8 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Deathbear bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Deathbear caps</font>, CO calls, Button calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (20.70 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Deathbear bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Deathbear 3-bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls.

River: (38.70 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Deathbear bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Deathbear calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Final Pot: 46.70 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
MP2 has 6c 6s (four of a kind, sixes).
Deathbear has 9c Qc (straight, queen high).
CO has Qh Js (two pair, jacks and sixes).
Button has Ac As (two pair, aces and sixes).
Outcome: MP2 wins 46.70 BB. </font>

sweetjazz
05-03-2005, 01:29 AM
That's rough. If MP2 didn't occassionally drag a huge pot with runner-runner draws, poker would be less profitable for us. Sorry that you were the one on the receiving end of his wicked outdraw. At least you played the hand as well as possible.

You may have lost the battle, but you're gonna win the war.

Harv72b
05-03-2005, 01:31 AM
I sincerely hope MP2 got added to your buddy list.

I play this exactly the same, up to &amp; including calling the river raise.

gusser
05-03-2005, 01:34 AM
I'd probably check call the river, I'd say it's highly likely someone has a set considering flop/trun, but that pot is a monster and unless someone shows me their boat before I call their is no way i'm folding. Are you complaing about getting all your money in with nuts? Add CO to your buddy list. Looks like a fun table.

gus

toby
05-03-2005, 01:40 AM
that's harsh - i hope the guy dumped his ill-gotten gains back to you later.

Liam Carver
05-03-2005, 01:42 AM
weeping.

utrnbmp3
05-03-2005, 02:21 AM
hmm check the river

mtdoak
05-03-2005, 02:27 AM
Perfect catches happen. Quickly add him to your buddy list and move on.

Yobz
05-03-2005, 03:32 AM
I want your table selection skills.

imported_leader
05-03-2005, 03:54 AM
The best part has got to be him calling 3 bets cold on the flop with and underpair.

Deathbear
05-03-2005, 12:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The best part has got to be him calling 3 bets cold on the flop with and underpair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell me about it. When I chewed him out in the room someone at the table chimed in stating it was a smart move and he had outs.

Chris Dow
05-03-2005, 12:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell me about it. When I chewed him out in the room someone at the table chimed in stating it was a smart move and he had outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you chew him out? Thank god someone was there to back up his play. People ragging on people for playing poorly is the dumbest biggest -ev move possible. Did you suggest he come to these forums too? Good grief...

Entity
05-03-2005, 12:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I would have done had you chewed him out in the same room as me. Chewing him out is worse than his play.

Deathbear
05-03-2005, 12:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you chew him out? Thank god someone was there to back up his play. People ragging on people for playing poorly is the dumbest biggest -ev move possible. Did you suggest he come to these forums too? Good grief...

[/ QUOTE ]

In retrospect that's true. Guess I was tilting afterwards. -EV indeed.

Chris Dow
05-03-2005, 12:36 PM
Try not to dismiss it lightly. You shouldn't berate players because it might make them play better. You also shouldn't berate players because the end result is out of your control. You don't control the river card so when it gets you it shouldn't anger you. Focus instead on getting your money in good, which you did here. All I'm saying is that the fact you would berate shows an emotional attachment that will possibly lead to tilt, which is bad for you as a player. So there are a bunch of reasons to focus on not doing this.