PDA

View Full Version : Is this my biggest leak?

PoBoy321
05-03-2005, 01:21 AM
So after the last few days of playing, I think that I've found my biggest leak.

I play far too tight for the small stakes games. I find myself folding the best hand far too often. Earlier today, I folded JJ on a board of T55 against heavy action and found myself against T9 and a flush draw.

Has anyone else found themselves similarly afflicted? I just think that far too often I'm giving my opponents way too much credit and dropping mediocre hands in big pots that turn out to be by far the best hands.

Anyone else have the same problem?

ghostface
05-03-2005, 01:26 AM
JJ on T55 board with a flush draw out is not getting a good forecast in my book. I'd dump it.

PoBoy321
05-03-2005, 01:34 AM
I agree that it was a good fold, but my point was that I have found myself against equally LAGgy players and that i've been dropping the best hand way too often.

xorbie
05-03-2005, 02:00 AM
Against a LAG I am folding overpairs very, very rarely. If they flop a set or some crappy two pair they will get money in almost all cases.

ghostface
05-03-2005, 02:07 AM
You didnt say LAG in the OP. That changes some things like xorbie said.

teamdonkey
05-03-2005, 02:20 AM
i know exactly what you mean, layed down AK on a [ 7c, 2c, As ] flop, [ 9d ] turn after two all-ins only to watch AJ beat KK. It's possible this is a leak at this level (25NL), but I think it's a really bad habit to get into if you ever plan on moving up.

juggla
05-03-2005, 02:56 AM
Not that I work for the PokerOffice software company. But ever since I have purchased this software I have become a real Bully! /images/graemlins/mad.gif I let around 40 Hands play before I sit down at the table. Then I know Exactly who is Tight/Agressive, Loose/Passive etc... When I see A Loose agressive Player in my hand when I have JJ I will push him around.

Remember Knowing your Opponents style is Half the Battle.

Yo Joe!

warlockjd
05-03-2005, 10:16 AM
Yeah or the ole PokerTracker and Playerview combo is even better, displays the stats right on your Party screen next to the players names.

Invaluable in limit and very helpful in NL as well.