PDA

View Full Version : erm...how do i play this?

Terrabon98
05-03-2005, 12:36 AM
full 3/6 game, i get red AA in the BB...MP player raises, CO and button cold call, I 3-bet from BB, all call. Flop comes 9 10 Q all diamonds, i bet, guy behind raises, two calls, i 3 bet and he caps, one folds, one comes along. Turn brings a rag, i bet, he raises, button folds, and i call (?). River comes another rag, and i check/call...thoughts?

JDErickson
05-03-2005, 12:39 AM
Reads would help.

With none I play the same

Terrabon98
05-03-2005, 12:40 AM
no real reads, only been at the table an orbit or so, but the main villian hasn't been outta line in that orbit at least...

sweetjazz
05-03-2005, 12:45 AM
Getting in lots of bets on the flop is good for you. I like the turn bet, as you may have the best hand, you have outs to improve to the near nuts, and you might force out a hand that has some live outs (e.g. 96, 86).

On the river, the pot is much too large to fold. You're probably losing to KJ or a flopped straight or a set or two pair, but you'll occassionally see AQ or KQ or QJ in this spot, especially if he has the K or J of diamonds. You'll see it enough to make the river call profitable.

Tough hand, but I think you played it well.

gusser
05-03-2005, 12:46 AM
Preflop: good
Flop: I'd bet it too, altough i'm sure a case could be made for a C/R.
Turn: Seems standard to lead and call down considering the flop
River: there is no way i'm folding a pot this big for 1 bet without a better read, for 18 to 1 you don' have to be right very often.

gus

jskills
05-03-2005, 01:01 AM
I don't see myself leading at the turn.

I'm check / calling from the turn onwards in this hand.

Harv72b
05-03-2005, 01:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't see myself leading at the turn.

I'm check / calling from the turn onwards in this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the turn lead; a free diamond isn't going to hurt Hero, but there are straight draw possibilites galore on this board, and I'm not giving anyone a free draw at that. Hero has the best hand a pretty fair amount of the time, and even when he doesn't he's got live outs against anything his opponents may have. EDIT: except KJ or J8 diamonds, obviously.

tadams
05-03-2005, 01:26 AM
I play it the same.