PDA

View Full Version : Frisbee golf

ThaSaltCracka
05-03-2005, 12:28 AM
I went for the second time last weekend, and had a lot of fun. Anyone else play?

Sponger15SB
05-03-2005, 12:30 AM
Link 1 (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1661615&page=&view=&sb=5& o=&fpart=all&vc=1)

ThaSaltCracka
05-03-2005, 12:31 AM
I remember your thread, but not bholdr's.

slickpoppa
05-03-2005, 12:31 AM
Is this the summer of ThaSaltCracka?

Skipbidder
05-03-2005, 12:32 AM
Yep.
I find it hard to get excited about playing regular golf when disc golf is free.

Sponger15SB
05-03-2005, 12:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I remember your thread, but not bholdr's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Link 2 (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1194781&page=&view=&sb=5& o=&fpart=all&vc=1)

Just last weekend my house lost our title, we had won 3 straight challenge matches against "the nido", however "6sev" will be back!

bwhahahaha

(our house and another plays 4 on 4 for a trophy every few weeks)

Non_Comformist
05-03-2005, 12:33 AM
You mean Frolf? Ya once or twice.

ThaSaltCracka
05-03-2005, 12:38 AM
Sponger, I don't know how many course you guys have down there, but apparently there are like 10 around Portland and several more down in Eugene.

Actually on sunday, i saw this guy who had his dog with him. He had a special bag that his dog carried which contained his discs, water, dog treats, and bong.

Also, my friend got kicked out of the park for taking a leak.

Anyways, its great fun and the discs are still fairly cheap. I have an eagle driver, but I want to get a stingray and a putter. I need that multi purpose Ray, as I don't have the throws down very well yet.

ThaSaltCracka
05-03-2005, 12:39 AM
there are several course down there by you too.

tbach24
05-03-2005, 12:40 AM
They have different frisbees for different shots? I really have to check this out.

DMBFan23
05-03-2005, 12:43 AM
I play a crapload of ultimate frisbee, and occasionally when I get drunk I am up for a good round of disc golf. I just use a discraft ultimate disc though, I dont have all the different drivers and putters and whatever

ThaSaltCracka
05-03-2005, 12:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
They have different frisbees for different shots? I really have to check this out.

[/ QUOTE ]dude, there are a [censored] load of different discs. Seriously, some of these guys are intense and avid disc golfers.

gumpzilla
05-03-2005, 01:03 AM
I get the impression that you can throw a "driver" much further than a Discraft 175; 200 yards is a figure that some quick Googling seems to turn up, whereas I'm not sure I've ever seen anybody throw a Discraft more than just over 100. I've never thrown a golf disc; all of my golf has been done with ultimate discs as well. I don't think the game suffers, provided that you aren't playing some people with and some people without.

Sponger15SB
05-03-2005, 01:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyways, its great fun and the discs are still fairly cheap. I have an eagle driver, but I want to get a stingray and a putter. I need that multi purpose Ray, as I don't have the throws down very well yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

The eagle is a good disc, my roomate throws the farthest of all my friends and he uses that disc to serve up some bombs.

I've got a ray and its a pretty good shot for throwing realllly straight shots about 150 feet (for people who aren't pro). You probably would be better off just buying a teebird for your backhand and tamhawk throws and using the eagle for flick throws (I don't know what kind of course you play on, but a tamahawk is kee where I live, and the eagle is probably the worst disc to use for that shot besides a putter).

Also if you're going to use a putter don't just go out and buy the innova aviar, a lot of my friends like the feel of the stiff rim of the innova birdie a lot better.

ThaSaltCracka
05-05-2005, 12:31 AM
Sponger,
My mistake, I actually have the Viper Fairway Driver. I just got the Stingray today, as well as the Thumtrac Birdie. I think I am gonna get one more disc, possibly a distance driver. I was thinking of the Archangel, but do you have any recomendations for a new player? Maybe the Eagle or the TeeBird? I am still trying to get the toss down accurately.

Anyways, right by my apartment, the city of Hillsboro just opened a new disc golf course. Its pretty short and relatively easy, but its good practice and fun.

Boris
05-05-2005, 12:34 AM
i play every once in awhile at a legendary course, de la viega. I suck. I suck really bad. i think disc golf is only ok.

ThaSaltCracka
05-05-2005, 12:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i play every once in awhile at a legendary course, de la viega. I suck. I suck really bad. i think disc golf is only ok.

[/ QUOTE ]well playing once in a while will lead to bad play. I am not good at all either, but I am enjoying it. I find it 10x less frustrating than normal golf.

billymonk
05-05-2005, 04:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha. First thing that came to me.

ThaSaltCracka
05-05-2005, 11:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]