PDA

View Full Version : Longest break even period?

SGS
05-02-2005, 11:46 PM
I have been playing poker for several years now and have been successful at the low limits. Recently I have been roughly around even for a very extended period of time. I am just curious as to how long some of your guys' extended break even periods are. Currently I am roughly even over my last 10k hands. I had never experienced anything like this and was just curious if I can simply attribute it to variance or if I have possibly developped some leaks. Thanks in advance.

SGS

JDErickson
05-03-2005, 12:01 AM
Last month at 3/6 I played 14000 hands and finished up at exactly 0.00 bb/100

I have had longer than this actually. It happens, no big deal

Perseus
05-03-2005, 12:08 AM
Just finished a 15k break even last month.

It happens, but whether or not it is variance in your case depends on how good you are.

Post hands. That is the best way to tell if you are on the right track.

Vish
05-03-2005, 12:18 AM
It sounds like these 10k breakeven stretches are pretty common. How do those of you who play for a living handle this (financially, not psychologically)? Do you just live off money you've saved up? Is this rare enough to not make much difference?

JDErickson
05-03-2005, 12:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It sounds like these 10k breakeven stretches are pretty common. How do those of you who play for a living handle this (financially, not psychologically)? Do you just live off money you've saved up? Is this rare enough to not make much difference?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well for me this was just 1 limit out of 24k hands I played and I did make money elsewhere so no big deal.

I have had 2 month runs of break even before though. Thats the importance of having a big enough roll to handle the inevitable blah periods.

Perseus
05-03-2005, 12:37 AM
When people say to go pro you should have a 500BB role and 6 months of living expenses saved up as the minumum requirement, they aren't kidding.

It's that important.