PDA

View Full Version : No more party and empire accounts?

DpR
05-02-2005, 11:36 PM
Just got this email. This is from empire, but it was in reference to one empire account and another Party account. hmmmm

Dear xxxx,

Our system has detected that you have two or more active real money "xxx" and "xxx" accounts at our site. We here at Empire Poker try our best to implement a fair and safe poker ambiance and have set certain criteria to achieve this. As part of our endless efforts to maintain our integrity, we do not allow more than one account per player.

Please reply to this message instructing us which account you would like to close. Any funds in that account will be transferred to the remaining account.

If this is not the case, and you are holder of only one account, then we offer our sincere apologies for the misunderstanding and would request you to reply to this mail indicating so.

We thank you in advance for your cooperation and prompt attention to this matter. If you have any further questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at alerts@empirepoker.com and we will be more than glad to assist you.

Regards,

gunjanm
Investigations Team for Poker
alerts@empirepoker.com
http://www.empirepoker.com

liquidboss
05-02-2005, 11:54 PM
I have seen this email before, it looks like you have two accounts at Empire and they want to know which one you want to keep. They never mention Party, they say "Our system has detected that you have two or more active real money "xxx" and "xxx" accounts at our site."

the_rookie
05-02-2005, 11:55 PM
Sounds like you made two accounts at empire...

DpR
05-03-2005, 12:01 AM
This is my point, one of the accounts they referenced is at PARTY POKER. I do not have two accounts at Empire.....

the_rookie
05-03-2005, 12:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is my point, one of the accounts they referenced is at PARTY POKER. I do not have two accounts at Empire.....

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? I don't get this at all. Empire has nothing to gain by implementing this. I'd say ignore the email for now, until there are others who have received the same thing.

Empire might have mixed up your party's nickname with Empire's database and hence the letter. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

DpR
05-03-2005, 12:18 AM
Yeah, makes no sense. They ask for me to write and tell them which accoutn I want to close and the monies would all be transferred to that account. Funny thing is, I have 5 figures at the empireaccount and no money at the party account. According to the letter if I chose the party accoutn they will send all the money from the empire account to the party account. How can that be good business for empire?

DpR
05-03-2005, 02:45 PM
Hmm, I guess this is not interesting to people. It certainly annoyed me.

I wrote an email reply mentioning that one account was Party and teh other was empire. I said to cancel the party one if they had to cancel one at all. Will be interesting to see if my party account gets cancelled based on an empire email. None of this makes any sense to me.....

DpR
05-03-2005, 02:57 PM
info@empirepoker.com wrote:
Dear xxx,

Thank you for contacting us.

A search of our records based on your account name(xxx) has not generated a match to an active account with us.

Hence to close your account (xxx) please write an email from your respective registered e-mail to the particular site you have registered your account.

Note: Please do not disclose your password to any individual/organization claiming to represent EmpirePoker.com. We will never ask you for the password to your account. If you receive any email or phone call from anyone requesting you to provide your password please report it to us immediately.

Our Customer Care Department is available 24/7 to assist you via email.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

Reetu
Poker Customer Care

Kevin K.
05-03-2005, 03:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
info@empirepoker.com wrote:
Dear xxx,

Thank you for contacting us.

A search of our records based on your account name(xxx) has not generated a match to an active account with us.

Hence to close your account (xxx) please write an email from your respective registered e-mail to the particular site you have registered your account.

Note: Please do not disclose your password to any individual/organization claiming to represent EmpirePoker.com. We will never ask you for the password to your account. If you receive any email or phone call from anyone requesting you to provide your password please report it to us immediately.

Our Customer Care Department is available 24/7 to assist you via email.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

Reetu
Poker Customer Care

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe. Party end Empire both seem to have these mixups from time to time. I was having a problem with the last Party reload and Party responded to the first three or four emails I sent them from my Party address with emails to my Empire address. They kept sending pat answers. It's pretty frustrating when your third or fourth email leads off with,
"THIS IS NOT A PROBLEM WITH MY EMPIRE ACCOUNT!!! THIS
IS A PROBLEM WITH MY PARTY POKER ACCOUNT!!! THIS
HAPPENS WHEN I ATTEMPT TO DEPOSIT THROUGH PARTY POKER
AND THIS IS THE EMAIL ADDRESS THAT I HAVE REGISTERED
WITH PARTY POKER!!! PLEASE DON'T RESPOND TO THIS
EMAIL WITH AN EMAIL TO MY ADDRESS THAT I USE FOR
EMPIRE POKER! PLEASE READ ENTIRE EMAIL AND RESPOND
ONLY TO THIS ADDRESS!!!"
and they still don't read it.

I had to call to get it straightened out.

I wouldn't worry about it unless others start receiving the same notification.

patient77
05-04-2005, 12:04 PM
I had my empire account locked and when I contacted them, was told that you can no longer have a party and empire account. Therefore, they were closing my Empire account and management won't reverse their decision.

patient77

CountDuckula
05-04-2005, 12:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I had my empire account locked and when I contacted them, was told that you can no longer have a party and empire account. Therefore, they were closing my Empire account and management won't reverse their decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

When did this happen? How long did you have the two accounts?

-Mike

patient77
05-04-2005, 12:58 PM
happened this morning. had both accounts for over two years. got an email from pay pro this morning, telling me to contact them. i saw that my empire account was suspended.

they told me i needed permission from empire to have both an empire and party account. i emailed empire poker and they responded by saying that my empire poker account has been closed permanently and will not change their decision.

patient77

RevAgain
05-04-2005, 01:08 PM
Party and co. haven't a clue what they're doing now, they spend a fortune on advertising and sadly that makes up for the terrible customer service they provide.

After deciding to sign up for a PokerNow account the other day, apparently in breach of the T&C (not that I bothered reading them, it's all so much nonsense, the only one I did do was Empire and according to their T&C, Party is probably the same, if I go take a piss and ask someone watching me to play for me in the meantime that is cause for them to close my account AND SEIZE ALL FUNDS ASSOCIATED WITH IT.)

The sites can do what they want, such a contract would never stand up in court but it doesn't matter because you're not going to get them into court in the first place unless they float.

Anyway, back to the point, I signed up to PokerNow after they became wholly Party owned, got the stupid email saying they tried to contact me by phone (sure they did...) and my account was going to get frozen if I didn't call them up to verify my details, so I call them up on Saturday and give my details expecting to be told I need to close my Party or PokerNow account. No, chap on the other end says I have an Empire and Party account already which I confirm, no problem, 2 minutes later it's a 'thank you for calling you now have faster cashouts and increased deposit limits.. blah blah blah', the only problem was getting the amiable American on the other end to shut up thanking me and wishing me a good day/week/lifetime of prosperity etc.

/end rant

Oh yeah that terrible customer service isn't really on display in this post but being extremely unclear about what accounts you are allowed where and giving a different answer every time you are asked is not good service.

Rev

Freudian
05-04-2005, 01:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
happened this morning. had both accounts for over two years. got an email from pay pro this morning, telling me to contact them. i saw that my empire account was suspended.

they told me i needed permission from empire to have both an empire and party account. i emailed empire poker and they responded by saying that my empire poker account has been closed permanently and will not change their decision.

patient77

[/ QUOTE ]

Since I only play on Empire when they have a reload, I would understand if they closed my account. Same with Party.

I would prefer it if they didn't, but I would respect if they did.

otctrader
05-04-2005, 01:41 PM
Hmm, while I don't doubt they are giving you a hard time, I have to imagine if there were a concerted effort to stamp out multiple accounts, there must be hundreds if not thousands on 2+2 and BW with skins and gnomes up the gazoo.

Then again knowing their back-a$swards management, maybe Praleed (or substitute your favorite name) decided to browse through the accounts database on his lunch break for extra credit.

Sponger15SB
05-04-2005, 01:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sounds like you made two accounts at empire...

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got three empire accounts. Err, uh.... I mean my mom and brother have accounts and they use my Neteller and stuff and they sometimes play at the time on the same computer when I'm playing at eurobet....yea yea

DpR
05-04-2005, 01:56 PM
After recieve the previous message I sent a note back to empire asking what their initial email was in reference to since it said I had two empire accoutns, then the second said contact party.

I got an email reply saying to please ignore all previous email on this subject. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Good thing is there is no issue. Bad thing is they are not smart in the first place.

grimel
05-04-2005, 02:19 PM
More like he was taking a break, grabbed a random account and did a sort on the Neteller account associated with that user.

pmuir10
05-04-2005, 02:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

substitute your favorite name

[/ QUOTE ]

Shailendra

Entity
05-04-2005, 07:20 PM
I take it this may be related? (http://www.bonuswhores.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8939)

stabn
05-04-2005, 07:31 PM
nh.

mcozzy1
05-05-2005, 12:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
got the stupid email saying they tried to contact me by phone (sure they did...)

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been getting a phone call from a strange long distance number (this never happens) every few days. I've haven't been answering it. I hope it isn't these bastards trying to start trouble.

Hank Rearden
05-05-2005, 10:18 AM
I went to make a Now deposit last night but was told I could not. I called up and was told to send an email to vip@empirepoker.com. They sent an email back saying my account was closed and it cannot be reversed.

I then tried to deposit to Party and apparently that account is closed as well. I did not try Empire, Multi or Intertops.

I don't have gnome accounts.

Can this be fixed or am I forced to start from scratch? I've seen some posts about people calling Party and getting it straightened out. Which number do you call?

I'd appreciate any friendly advice.

dacubbie
05-05-2005, 05:06 PM
All of you guys getting your accounts frozen... Were you able to get your funds back?

Vern
05-05-2005, 09:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

patient77

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, and they kept the $0.97 I had in the account. I cannot blame them, I only played at empire for the bonus, but the series of e-mails I have had with them is really funny. They won'y tell me why my account was frozen, won't give me a number to talk to a supervisor but quote the part about account abandonment in the e-mail even though I had played there as recently as 4/11. Likely just cleaning out all the players that have multiple skin accounts and are only playing certain sites for the bonus and in effect costing that skin money. I too cannot blame them.

Vern

Edit: I did not ask them for the $0.97 back either, I was more interested in hearing why, which they are under no obligation to reveal to me.

StellarWind
05-05-2005, 11:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I did not ask them for the $0.97 back either, I was more interested in hearing why, which they are under no obligation to reveal to me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ask them for the money please and let us know what happens.

If they closed the account for their own convenience then they have an ethical obligation to refund your money even if it costs them a little to do so.

Keeping your money when you did nothing wrong is theft. If Empire is a thief the world needs to know about it.

Bremen
05-05-2005, 11:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ask them for the money please and let us know what happens.

[/ QUOTE ]
Second

grimel
05-06-2005, 12:53 AM
Violated T&C, abandoned account, we suspect collusion, we suspect chip dumping, etc, etc, etc, etc.

Prove you didn't. So? They can do what they want when they want. How many whores will the get? How many fish coming to the site will do a search to see what Party does? The fish will see the comercials on TV and come.