View Full Version : OMFG, I'm a lucky morAn.

adamstewart
05-02-2005, 11:28 PM
So, I'm playing a few tables tonight, and get dealt KQs at one of my tables...

my wife starts talking to me, and in the midst of playing multiple tables, I get a little distracted.

The flop comes and I *think* I've just flopped the nut straight... and I play it accordingly ... only to realize I made a gutshot draw on the river!

No one said a word to me! But omg, they must have been fumin'... needless to say, I took advantage of my newly adopted "table image" for the next little while. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP calls, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, MP calls, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (20 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP folds, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (14 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, Button calls, SB folds.

River: (17 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, Button folds.

Final Pot: 19 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Kh Qh (straight, king high).
UTG has Qc Ac (straight, queen high).
Outcome: Hero wins 19 BB. </font>

ZBTHorton
05-02-2005, 11:30 PM
I've made some pretty kooky plays when my girlfriend was...ummm...hindered from talking.

brassnuts
05-02-2005, 11:33 PM
Too bad your opponent went for the over call.

adamstewart
05-02-2005, 11:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Too bad your opponent went for the over call.

[/ QUOTE ]

very true. he'd never see KQ comin'!! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Adam

Grisgra
05-03-2005, 01:02 AM
From 5 minutes ago. Tiny little misclick there preflop. Opponent was a calling station, hence the lack of river bet -- he's calling with any spade, any piece.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Idiot is CO with 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Idiot 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Idiot bets</font>, UTG folds, MP calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Idiot bets</font>, MP calls.

River: (8.25 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, Idiot checks.

Final Pot: 8.25 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
MP has 9d Ac (one pair, tens).
Idiot has 8d 4d (two pair, tens and fours).
Outcome: Idiot wins 8.25 BB. </font>

adamstewart
05-03-2005, 10:37 AM
lol - did anyone say anthing afterwards?

don't you love how you can take advantage of the new table image? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Adam

stigmata
05-03-2005, 10:47 AM
I mis-clicked 3-bet preflop with 45o last night and the flop came A45 for a very profitable hand /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Villain was fuming "Your on my buddy list now douchebag". This is great - now the fish find me /images/graemlins/grin.gif

MAxx
05-03-2005, 11:38 AM
IMO, you may have misclicked preflop as well.

mistrpug
05-03-2005, 11:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Villain was fuming "Your on my buddy list now douchebag".

[/ QUOTE ]

Classic.

Grisgra
05-03-2005, 11:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
IMO, you may have misclicked preflop as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

But he's sooooted! I'm not a big fan of raising from the BB but it seems he's got a shitload of equity here.

MAxx
05-03-2005, 11:58 AM
I am a big fan of raising out of the BB. I would have raised this hand had the action gone limp..limp..limp..limp. I don't see the value in 3betting with this pf action. This a very good hand (and strong multiway) in the bb, but it is better IMO to just call the raise. Hero put in 2 extra bets pf with a dominated hand.

adamstewart
05-03-2005, 12:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hero put in 2 extra bets pf with a dominated hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps you're being a tad results-oriented? (seeing after the hand that villain had AK).

What range of hands do you put a typical UTG raiser on in 6max? .... after answering this, think about how much equity I likely hold against the rest of the table....

Adam