PDA

View Full Version : Party 30+3

ChuckNorris
05-02-2005, 11:28 PM
Was this just bad luck, or should I have let go of my overpair + Q flush draw? I've been finishing 7th-10th a LOT lately, so I'd really like to know if this is just bad luck or was I foolish.

10 players left with pretty equal stacks.
Level:1 Blinds(10/15)

** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Mulperi [ Qc Qs ]
2 fold
ryanash11 calls [15].
igotyou folds.
wag_man calls [15].
2 fold
willgero calls [15].
Mulperi raises [75].
Tarasque folds.
ryanash11 calls [70].
wag_man calls [70].
>You have options at Table 11993 Table!.
willgero calls [70].

** Dealing Flop ** [ 8c, Jc, 4c ]
Mulperi bets [255].
ryanash11 folds.
wag_man is all-In [715]
willgero folds.
Mulperi is all-In [395]

jeffraider
05-02-2005, 11:57 PM
Fold preflop.

kyro
05-03-2005, 12:06 AM
I play it the same way except you should raise a bit more PF.

hummusx
05-03-2005, 12:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think so. Two callers and blinds of 15, raising to 90 is fine.

hummusx
05-03-2005, 12:37 AM
And no, you should not lay this down. The majority of the time on a Party 33 you are going to be shown AJ or KJ or worse here. Occasionally you'll lose to a set and decide that maybe you were playing stupid. Don't worry about it, you get their chips most of the time. *NOTE* This may need to be adjusted as you move up.

Big Limpin'
05-03-2005, 01:23 AM
Think about this for a sec. There is no way you are in trouble here.

I they have a better made hand (read: set or 2 pair), then you have the highest club, actually the only club. If they have a higher club, you have a better made hand.

The only possible exceptions are AA/KK with a club, which is a freak for one, and a double freak because of the lack of preflop action.

I suppose you might be a small dog, but at worst, just a small one. You are miles ahead most other times.

Of course, you posted this cause you lost the hand, but seriously dude, dont post hands like this. Of course you call his allin.

Phill S
05-03-2005, 01:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Think about this for a sec. There is no way you are in trouble here.

I they have a better made hand (read: set or 2 pair), then you have the highest club, actually the only club. If they have a higher club, you have a better made hand.

The only possible exceptions are AA/KK with a club, which is a freak for one, and a double freak because of the lack of preflop action.

I suppose you might be a small dog, but at worst, just a small one. You are miles ahead most other times.

Of course, you posted this cause you lost the hand, but seriously dude, dont post hands like this. Of course you call his allin.

[/ QUOTE ]

err i see a made flush being possible. not sure you should be that scared of it, but to say your never behind is missing the board.

Phill

Big Limpin'
05-03-2005, 01:28 AM
Gak. My bad, of course you are correct. ty for pointing that out.

Still, i like the action.

Phoenix1010
05-03-2005, 01:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think so. Two callers and blinds of 15, raising to 90 is fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

3(15) + 2(15) + 2(15) = 105
Even if your standard raise on level 1 is to 45, which it really shouldn't be at a 30+3, a standard raise is still a bit more than 90. I raise it 100 myself, but it's not a big difference.

As for the original question, there is no way you should be folding getting more than 2:1 at this level. You're ahead of a lot hands he could be pushing, and drawing strong against a lot of the hands that are beating you.

Al P
05-03-2005, 01:35 AM
If he has Kc/Ac + Xx where Xx pairs the board he's 49:51 so neither of you are "incorrect" here.

kyro
05-03-2005, 02:28 AM
I actually thought he raised to 70. 90 is still a bit small though. I like raising more when I'm in the blinds because my position sucks the rooster.