PDA

View Full Version : Bad cold call here?

Bizot
05-02-2005, 11:20 PM
Villian 17/4/2
And I know for pretty much certain there will be atleast 2-3 cold callers.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (11 SB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, CO checks, Button checks.

This confused me here what is he checking through here??

Turn: (5.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero ?

Shillx
05-02-2005, 11:23 PM
I would fold preflop.

1) You don't know how many colddonkers you will get.
2) You have crappy relative position. So if you do flop a set, you will have to raise straight away and force everyone to call 2 bets cold.

I would raise the turn for sure. He isn't going to be checking AA-TT on the flop is he?

Brad

Bizot
05-02-2005, 11:25 PM
thats what really confused me that flop is not THAT scary, I was tempted to bet it out.

mr pink
05-02-2005, 11:27 PM
did you plan on raising if the pf raiser bet out on the flop?

brettbrettr
05-02-2005, 11:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

2) You have crappy relative position. So if you do flop a set, you will have to raise straight away and force everyone to call 2 bets cold.

I would raise the turn for sure. He isn't going to be checking AA-TT on the flop is he?

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

Your point about relative position is pure gold.

Raise the turn.

Bizot
05-02-2005, 11:29 PM
i was going to but he checked it and i was dumbfounded

mr pink
05-02-2005, 11:32 PM
i only asked because i'd have raised if he bet, and i surely would have bet if he checked. given that the flop checked through, you gotta raise the turn.

brazilio
05-02-2005, 11:35 PM
I'd try to face the entire field with a checkraise too, although that preflop action isn't fantastic for getting an LP bet.

bicyclekick
05-02-2005, 11:44 PM
if the table really is that loose, calling is OK. Bet the flop, since you didn't, raise the turn.

Bizot
05-02-2005, 11:51 PM
the guys behind me were crazy loose.

I raised the turn and he 3 bet i folded.

27offsooot
05-03-2005, 12:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would fold preflop.

1) You don't know how many colddonkers you will get.

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand if you're just playing 77 for the set how your relative position sucks. However, against a loose raiser, u have great relative position b/c u can protect your hand on a ragged flop such as this with a flop raise. This raiser does not seem too loose, so I agree, that u might be playing this hand for set value alone more than u would like.

I don't mind the cc as long as u have the right table. You have to bet the flop here and raise the turn since you didn't.