PDA

View Full Version : Downloaded a game but don't know how to start it.

Chaostracize
05-02-2005, 11:04 PM
I downloaded a 2-cd game from Torrentspy (Heroes of Might and Magic 4). I also got Alcohol 120% to place the images on two different drives, F: and G:. I installed it just fine, but when I go to actually start the game it says to load the CD. Why can't it see the F or G drive? Damn frustrating, can anyone help?

granny50
05-02-2005, 11:22 PM
Get CloneDrive. Then just right click on the ISO file and clonedrive will have a separate drive pop up. Once you are done installing the first CD, right click on ur new drive and then click unmount. Now mount the 2nd CD and continue.

Hope that helps.

Chaostracize
05-02-2005, 11:26 PM
Already have the game installed and both images mounted to drives. I'm guessing your program is essentially what Alcohol is.

contentless
05-02-2005, 11:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Already have the game installed and both images mounted to drives. I'm guessing your program is essentially what Alcohol is.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is that the program checks for cd protection which the images don't have. Search for a no-cd crack or find one at gamecopyworld dot com.

Chaostracize
05-03-2005, 12:12 AM
The program I downloaded came with a crack and patches. The sentence long instructions say to copy the .exe file in the crack section over. Over to what? I copied INTO the existing .exe file, but that didn't work. Should I burn the crack onto a CD and try reinstalling?

contentless
05-03-2005, 12:22 AM
After you install all the patches, extract the crack. Copy heroes4.exe into the installation directory. It should prompt you for overwrite, just click yes (or click no, back it up then retry). After that, it should work. Make sure you install all the patches first. Don't burn anything else.

astroglide
05-03-2005, 12:48 PM
spend a few more hours on it. then consider how much your time is worth, and how much the product costs.

Patrick del Poker Grande
05-03-2005, 12:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
spend a few more hours on it. then consider how much your time is worth, and how much the product costs.

[/ QUOTE ]