PDA

View Full Version : AKs Flops big draw, whats your line

FatalError
05-02-2005, 11:01 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG (t2375)
Hero (t1990)
MP1 (t975)
MP2 (t975)
CO (t1277)
Button (t850)
SB (t915)
BB (t643)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t90</font>, MP1 calls t90, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls t90, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: (t315) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

Final Pot: t315

Maulik
05-02-2005, 11:06 PM
What is your plan for the turn assuming you hit your flush? And what do you do if you miss your flush on the turn?

brilliant

dfscott
05-02-2005, 11:23 PM
You have a decent stack, so you have some options here. I would bet out here, probably around 200. MP1 will likely not play against you without a Q here, and since you've won some previously, you probably have them on their heels.

If you're called or re-raised, you have to re-assess.

Sam T.
05-02-2005, 11:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You have a decent stack, so you have some options here. I would bet out here, probably around 200. MP1 will likely not play against you without a Q here, and since you've won some previously, you probably have them on their heels.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hear, hear.

wuwei
05-03-2005, 02:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Only thing I would add is folding isn't a good option if someone comes over the top. Most of the time you have 15 outs, and nobody here can bust you.

tjh
05-03-2005, 03:07 AM
If they come over the top you have to put them on a Q right ?
That makes QQQ, suppose you put them on a PP. Then it looks to me like you need the flush to win so I count more like 9 outs. I guess agains the PP the K or A give you 15 outs. Still wouldn't you put a reraiser on a Q ??

Just curious.

--
tjh

FatalError
05-03-2005, 03:19 AM
well thats what i'm trying to get an answer to, my line worked but i dont' know if it's necessarily right

david050173
05-03-2005, 02:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If they come over the top you have to put them on a Q right ?
That makes QQQ, suppose you put them on a PP. Then it looks to me like you need the flush to win so I count more like 9 outs. I guess agains the PP the K or A give you 15 outs. Still wouldn't you put a reraiser on a Q ??

Just curious.

--
tjh

[/ QUOTE ]

Or pocket sevens in which case you are drawing to runner runner. Or on a flush draw in which case they are drawing to 6 outs. The reraiser could be bluffing (on the assumption you would go for a check raise with AQ which is about the only hand you should have with a queen besides QQ). You really need a read on the players here. If you check will one of them bet without the queen? I don't like betting 200 (and you can only do that if your standard follow on bet when you hit is less than the pot) and then having to fold when CO goes all in. If the board paired sevens instead of queens, I would feel a lot better about my hand.

EverettKings
05-03-2005, 02:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is that if you bet 200, any raise that either of your opponents could make would basically put them all in. You also probably have to call that. What exactly is the 200 bet accomplishing? Is any better hand folding? Any worse hand calling? I doubt medium pairs go anywhere, and when you get called and brick the turn things get tricky. Even if you hit the turn your action will probably die from any medium holdings.

I guess my line would be to check-call a smallish bet or checkraise all in a medium bet. For example, if it checks to the CO who fires 200, he likely has a medium pair and you have tons of fold equity (and redraws if called or he has a Queen). If you check and someone only bets 50 or 100, just play to hit your draw (pot and implied odds are nice). That's my take.

-Kings