PDA

View Full Version : trying to understand skins - help, please

Che
05-02-2005, 10:41 PM
As I understand it, if you log into a Party skin (e.g. Empire) and register for a sit-n-go, you could be competing against players from any of the other Party skins.

Is that also true of the various Prima skins? For example, if I log on to Bet365, will I be playing against players who are logged on at Prima?

Forgive me for asking such a basic question. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Later,
Che

Newt_Buggs
05-02-2005, 10:48 PM
yes, skins all have access to the same tables. In Party I think that the only difference is each skin offers separate MTTs. But if you are sitting at a SnG on Party Poker you could be playing people from every party skin.

I'm curious though, I don't know exactly how/why the skins exist. Are they all spin offs from party that pay party a cut but are independent buisnesses?

Freudian
05-02-2005, 10:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I'm curious though, I don't know exactly how/why the skins exist. Are they all spin offs from party that pay party a cut but are independent buisnesses?

[/ QUOTE ]

Party is the skin of the ones operating the network. So yes, the other skins pay a part of their rake to the operators of the network to have access to the network. Ring games/SnG are the same all over the network (would be pretty pointless to have a skin otherwise). Multitable tourneys/Bad beat jackpot tables are skin-specific.

But the skins have different owners than Party. Don't know if all skins use the same support/payment processing though.

Che
05-02-2005, 11:59 PM
I appreciate the answers so far, but Party keeps being used as the example. Does Prima operate the same way?

Later,
Che

Degen
05-03-2005, 03:10 AM
prima has skins as well...they are tied to one set, but its not the party tables...u get it?

this is how the whole internet works man, there are like two companies in each category and a ton of affiliate marketers.

by the way, do you currently have a rakeback account? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Andre

Che
05-03-2005, 09:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
by the way, do you currently have a rakeback account?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I do. I opened a bet365 account rather than a prima account because I wanted to play the rounders sng's, but I also wanted rakeback.

However, the rounders sng's take forever to fill up at bet365 so I thought maybe the prima skins work differently and I'm only playing bet365 people. I guess the prima network is just much, much smaller than what I'm used to.

Later,
Che

lorinda
05-03-2005, 10:00 AM
Same cardroom, different entrance.

Lori