PDA

View Full Version : Semi-hypothetical early flush hand question

adanthar
05-02-2005, 09:30 PM
Level 1, Empire 10K Guaranteed (AKA PF loose/passive central). I've got whatever chips I started with and K /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif in the BB with 15 limpers, so I check.

The flop is T /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. It's checked to LP, Assassin8r, who's on the Empire welcome screen now because he was first in the 200K Guaranteed. He bets 70 into the pot of 90. I call, planning to CR any turn. Some any two soooted guy in MP also calls behind me.

The turn is the nice 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. I check and the MP guy...pushes 1K into the pot of 300.

This is an easy call if Assassin8r folds, obviously. What if he overcalls?

bugstud
05-02-2005, 09:34 PM
I still probably call, because I have a flush /images/graemlins/grin.gif

pokerraja
05-02-2005, 09:41 PM
I probably fold and then kick myself!

jpg7n16
05-03-2005, 02:09 AM
So you're afraid that three different people each are holding 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif's... that there are 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif's on the board. And that one of the other two must have the A /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I'd call/push... whatever I could to get the most in the pot because someone is just going to have to show me that A /images/graemlins/heart.gif

schwza
05-03-2005, 11:49 AM
no, i'm afraid that somebody has a boat. specifically, the LP guy. i think i call, but i'm not happy about it.

adanthar
05-03-2005, 12:16 PM
It was an interesting hand because A. took forever to fold his ten, I called and beat the Q4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. <font color="white">The river was another 2 for the results oriented crew. </font>

Basically, you have to figure A. puts me on a T or a flush since I'm a tight player who check/called that board. I check the turn and MP pushes, so he has to have at least a decent ten and more likely a flush. What's the minimum hand A. (or any other decent player) calls with and do I beat it 66% of the time?

schwza
05-03-2005, 12:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It was an interesting hand because A. took forever to fold his ten, I called and beat the Q4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. <font color="white">The river was another 2 for the results oriented crew. </font>

Basically, you have to figure A. puts me on a T or a flush since I'm a tight player who check/called that board. I check the turn and MP pushes, so he has to have at least a decent ten and more likely a flush. What's the minimum hand A. (or any other decent player) calls with and do I beat it 66% of the time?

[/ QUOTE ]

i think you're asking the wrong question at the end. you want to know if you beat both players ~28% (would be 33% but there are some pot odds). i think A will call here with a decent T at least some of the time, and will call with a small flush. i think the pusher's range includes some donkified hands like A7/99 sometimes.

adanthar
05-03-2005, 01:40 PM
I think I beat the pusher 100% of the time so that's really a non-factor - he's dead money sweetening the pot odds. But A. knows the pusher has *something* and should be relatively sure I have to have at least a T behind him. I really want to know his hand range for calling this.