PDA

View Full Version : Got a bad case of FPS?

wrto4556
05-02-2005, 08:47 PM
SB is TAG. I havn't seen him showdown a hand the whole session.

MP3 is loose/passive. I seen him check/call to the river with top and bottom pair and call down with middle pair to much aggression.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP3 checks, Button checks.

Turn: (2 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls...

I figure MP3 will come along with alot of hands if I don't raise. The TAG is what i'm worried about. Alot of players will bet with anything in this spot, but if he's betting a flush draw, i'd rather raise. What do you guys think?

Entity
05-02-2005, 08:52 PM
If MP3 called down with middle pair against much aggression, I think you'll get more by raising.

Rob

Hoi Polloi
05-02-2005, 08:56 PM
I raise this flop and bet or raise the turn. You're giving away the store.

squeek12
05-02-2005, 08:58 PM
I like the play here. You can only be worried about a spade on the river, but I don't see any flush draws folding if you raise anyway. Giving the others a chance to make a big pair or the sucker straight is solid in my opinion.

I would have bet the flop though.

wrto4556
05-02-2005, 09:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I raise this flop and bet or raise the turn. You're giving away the store.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd have bet this flop if there was any reasonable chance that:
a) it would be a value bet
or
b) i could win it outright

Niether are happening.

wrto4556
05-02-2005, 09:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If MP3 called down with middle pair against much aggression, I think you'll get more by raising.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. I need a cure!

mute
05-02-2005, 09:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't see any flush draws folding if you raise anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a good argument for raising, because these hands will fold on the river unimproved.

mr pink
05-02-2005, 09:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
a) it would be a value bet

[/ QUOTE ]

why can't it be for value?

wrto4556
05-02-2005, 09:37 PM
MP3 is the only loose player. SB checked (so I figure he will fold to a bet) and the button was TAG so he's raising his good hands and folding his bad ones.

I didn't talk about the button, though.

mr pink
05-02-2005, 09:44 PM
even if i knew i'd only pick up 2 callers, i think i'd still bet it. you don't know who's calling or folding. if the loose/passive calls, the button is more likely to come along, and by then the TAG will be getting like 7:1 on a call...he'd peel there with a lot of holdings. even if you only get called in one spot, it sets up a good semibluff spot on the turn which should take it down 1 time in 3 on that rag board if another blank falls.

PassiveCaller
05-02-2005, 09:53 PM
The cure is the raise button. Start thinking about when you can raise to get more money in and how many more bets you'll get in with those hands when people reraise you... Then at that point you can think of situations when to temper it down alittle bit and start speculating when a call will win you more money. Think of calling as the exception.

wrto4556
05-02-2005, 09:59 PM
You might be right. I thought about betting and figured it wasn't a good spot for it. I normally do. Just figured I would get 2 callers(which would be bad, imo) at most and no matter what the loose/passive guy would call and it would be hard to semi-bluff the turn profitably.

chief444
05-02-2005, 10:02 PM
I'd bet the flop. You may have pair outs as well as the OESD and on this flop a bet probably wins it a decent percentage.

I like the turn call in such a tiny pot.