PDA

View Full Version : Dealing with limpers

DasLeben
05-02-2005, 07:35 PM
One of the more annoying aspects of SNG play I've found is when people constantly limp into pots that I'm trying to steal. Both UTG and button had been limping a lot of pots (even though button is a smally here), but then laying down to significant action.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG (t3682)
MP (t929)
Button (t635)
Hero (t565)
BB (t2189)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls t200, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls t200, Hero ??

kyro
05-02-2005, 07:40 PM
I think they fold for 265 more about 0% of the time. Regardless, I think you have to push here and hope to triple up. Your FE is just about shot after this hand anyways.

flafishy
05-03-2005, 06:44 PM
All-in. That's the only choice I see.

jcope111
05-03-2005, 07:07 PM
I'm a bit new to this forum, though I've been reading for quite a while.

Wouldn't PUSHING here be equivalent to CALLING an all in raise here?

Seeing as the Button already called, you essentially have lost all FE associated with pushing, and the FE is why pushing would have been correct.

On top of that, I'd say there are two reasons the Button would call here instead of raising/folding:
a) He/She is a terrible player.
b) He/She is looking to be raised all in, i.e. looking for a caller. Do you want to play against a hand like that?

I fold this hand.

Cheers,
Cope