PDA

View Full Version : Cover letter?

ThaSaltCracka
05-02-2005, 07:04 PM
in regards to a resume, what is a cover letter, or at least what does it entail?

SpearsBritney
05-02-2005, 07:05 PM
what's a resume?

Non_Comformist
05-02-2005, 07:08 PM
TSC

A cover letter should state why you are interested in the position and company and why you would be a good choice for the job. I would absolutely post yours here, or email it around to get opinions.

also get on AIM I have somewhere for you to check out.

shemp
05-02-2005, 07:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what's a resume?

[/ QUOTE ]

The button you hit after you've hit pause.

ThaSaltCracka
05-02-2005, 07:09 PM
will do, thanks man.

bd8802
05-02-2005, 07:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
in regards to a resume, what is a cover letter, or at least what does it entail?

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends on the job. I applied for a lot of positions that wanted you to really spell out how you met all the requirements.

But, if you are given no guildance in the job announcement, I would say a quick three paragraph letter.

Paragraph #1 express your interest in the position and introduce yourself.

Paragraph #2 highlight your best qualifications.

Paragraph #3 thank them for their time and consideration and give them contact information.

I think making it as sucinct as possible is the best. Make sure there are absolutely no grammar or spelling errors. If they want more, adapt it from this base cover letter.

Hint: talk about how you can help their orginization, and try to work in some knowledge about their business. This is sometimes hard to do, but it shows them that you are researching their company before you apply.

Monster's Suggestions (http://my.monster.com/help/index.asp?ma=/applystart.asp#letter)

gorie
05-02-2005, 07:13 PM
Dear name,

I am very interested in the (insert position) job you have listed in (whatever).

I have (insert similar experiences that are relevant) in the past and really enjoyed it. I have also taken courses in (relevant courses) that would be helpful towards this position.

I consider myself to be (insert good work qualities that apply that make you sound interested/ing). I would be eager to learn the responsibilities of this position or any other similar positions you may have available.

I have enclosed a copy of my resume. I would appreciate to hear from you and I am available for an interview. I can be contacted at (number) or email (email).

Thank you for your time and consideration I hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,

name

or somethin' like that.

Zeno
05-02-2005, 08:20 PM
Dear Sir, Madam, Ms., Mr., Mrs., It, or, To Whom it may concern:

I will be frank; I need a JOB. I will do whatever it takes to get one barring only a few extreme sadomasochist sex acts. In addition, I have no doubt you will take advantage of me at every opportunity just like I will you. I expect it from your company and to make all things as equal as possible, you should expect it from me also. I will work only as hard as necessary to keep my JOB secure and will also engage in fruitless gossip, office politics, and commiseration with fellow employees.

I fully realize that upper level management will not only be clueless morons but classless dupes engaged in ruthless chicanery. I anticipate that my immediate supervisor and other line management will be first-rate idiots befitting their positions. The organizational structure of your company should border on lunacy and block any semblance of the free flow of intelligent ideas or any improvements to efficiency.

I will come into your company knowing full well the realities of working for a mindless uncaring bureaucratic behemoth that will chew me up and spit me out faster than yesterdays gum. I am your Bitch and you know it. Please Hire Me. Thanks for your time.

Sincerely,

Sex Slave Sally (or Bob or……)

ThaSaltCracka
05-02-2005, 08:27 PM
LMAO.

Dead
05-02-2005, 08:44 PM
You forgot to add the paragraph pledging that he will post on 2+2 as much as possible during the workday. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif