PDA

View Full Version : Party $50 NL Tight Passive Play making 7 BB/100.

Dragonboy
05-02-2005, 06:53 PM
http://ca.geocities.com/malbrosiagoddess/50NLStats.JPG

20 VPIP, 3% PFR, Avg Aggression .5, W$SD 60%, over 30k hands and at 7 BB/100. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

My style: screw pre-flop, all post flop.

ghostface
05-02-2005, 07:47 PM
What in gods name do those stats mean. They are various player stats and none of them is winning 7BB/100.

?

Dragonboy
05-03-2005, 02:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What in gods name do those stats mean. They are various player stats and none of them is winning 7BB/100.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you retarded or just blind? All the VPIP, PFR, and W$SD are very close. Hmm..perhaps they are multiple accounts under the same player who multi-tables??? Hmm..maybe don'tcha think?

Basically I avg out all my accounts under the last 30k hands which I 4 table with...and these are my avg stats. If you know how to amalgamate them together in PT to under just one name - I'm all open ears.

If you also avg the BB/100 it works to slightly a bit less than 7 BB/100.

I play a pretty passive game pre-flop with lots of smooth calling limps and raises, which goes to show that it doesn't take a lot of aggression to win in small stakes NL for 7 BB/100 yet so many people try too hard pre-flop to muster the aggression when it's not warranted/needed.

Muisyle
05-03-2005, 02:21 AM
General info -> Aliases

Are we supposed to be patting you on the back or something? Add more agression and you could probably turn that 7 into 10...

Reef
05-03-2005, 04:46 AM
TAG > TP

I think you're a little too tight for 6 max

-Skeme-
05-03-2005, 04:47 AM
Is this PT? Nice color scheme.

Marnixvdb
05-03-2005, 05:35 AM
funny. if I average your bb/100 I get 3.5 bb/100

theredpill5
05-03-2005, 05:36 AM
You can't average them. That isn't mathematically sound. Each one is weighted since each one has a different amount of hands. You have to add up the total money and hands and do it that way.

Marnixvdb
05-03-2005, 05:44 AM
what do you think i did?

excession
05-03-2005, 08:29 AM
What you don't tell us is WtSD% (went to showdown when you saw the flop) - with a W$SD of 60% your WtSD% is probably 15-20% or so making you borderline weak-tight. I'm also guessing you play pretty much fit or fold.

You are benefitting from bad overaggressives betting into you when you have the goods. So long as you read OK post-flop you can make a profit playing just about any style on these $50 tables. You may even be an inveterate slowplayer.

7PTBB/100 is fine but I expect you would make about 12.5PTBB/100 if you were more aggressive post-flop. My PTBB/100 on these tables since the stack changes at Party is more like 15.

Overall Tight Passives don't even outrun the rake. It isn't a great strategy compared to Tight Agreesive (or at these tables Slightly Loose Aggressive). In fact at these levels as sLA's play more +EV hands than TA's they have a slightly better win rate (though if multi-tabling TA's can play more tables0

bingledork
05-03-2005, 09:49 AM
According to your own chart, you're not making anywhere close to 7BB/100. Only one of your aliases is over > 7BB/100, and that's less than 10% of your hands.

PS: Don't be a dick.

Lawrence Ng
05-03-2005, 04:49 PM
Post deleted by Lawrence Ng

Lawrence Ng
05-03-2005, 04:51 PM
Post deleted by Lawrence Ng

excession
05-03-2005, 04:57 PM
why can't you just add them all as aliases?

excession
05-03-2005, 05:07 PM
Results since 1st March..

http://www.andymcnish.btinternet.co.uk/ua1.jpg

MrFroggyX
05-03-2005, 06:53 PM
I think he meant that he earns 7 Big Blind per/100 hands or e.g. 3.5PTBB.
That is not bad.. After all he is winning money compared to 90% off the poker players that is losing.

My suggestion for you, DragonBoy, if you want to make some serious cash is that you need to start raising much more pre-flop.. Raise AK,AQ and JJ+ in any position. Raise AJ,A10,Axs in the two last spots. On the button you can raise a lot off hands. Any PP and any hand that have an A, plus KQ.

Start with those hands and try it out. If you think it goes well you can sometimes start to raise suited connectors in early position and any two cards on the button. Play those hands exactly as your other raising hands post flop.

And post-flop:
After you have raised and get on or two callers. BET THE POT ON THE FLOP 99% OFF THE TIME. That means is the pot $3. Bet $3 regardless if you hit or not. If you get a caller don't bet on the turn and river unless you improve.

And also if you got TPBK.. And you are in the late position.. Bet the pot but if you meet resistance be ready to dump the hand. And my last tip is when you have something, a draw, Top pair, two pair or a monster. Bet the pot.. You should bet, bet , bet and raise every opportunity you get if you have something in 6 max.. even your draws.

Or if you don't like to play this aggressive style off poker.. Try the 10 max games where you can sit back and wait for your big hands and don't have to ante yourself to death.

EDIT:
And yes, you can win at poker by being a Tight Passive. But if you are Tight Aggressive you could very easy double your win rate at small stakes NL. In your case to at least 15 Big Blinds/100 hands. = double the income for the same work.

AlexMR
05-03-2005, 08:09 PM
hey,

How do I take pics of the PT windows? Or , from any window???

I would like to make some posts....

Marnixvdb
05-04-2005, 06:32 AM
Why dont you try the Print-Screen button and paste it in Paint or Photoshop or whatever?