PDA

View Full Version : Foxwoods 5-5 nl to party

thabadguy
05-02-2005, 06:52 PM
What partypoker nl game would you compare the foxwoods 5-5 nl game to (quality of opponents etc.)

FatalError
05-02-2005, 07:37 PM
the 5-10

This is the big game at the woods and many of those players are ultra solid. I've seen some VERY sick laydowns made in that game... on the other hand if you're planning on buyin in with 500$ and going for a double up it's a good game as those same players usually play deep stacks (10k) and don't understand how to play against someone with very little behind them

mikeyworm
05-02-2005, 08:15 PM
Just a note that the new min. buyin in this game is now 500 not 200 as of this week.

thabadguy
05-03-2005, 09:56 AM
I normally play at the 5-5 game with a big stack and would like to start playing online, hence I asked the question, hoping someone would be able to tell me of an online game with a similar opponent skill level.

RobbyD
05-06-2005, 03:15 PM
If your talking PARTY i would say the 400 600 or 1k buyings would be right. All the sharks at woods play either 5-5 NL or 20-40 hold-em when there is no high limit H.O.E. game going on. There are some sick lay downs at that table some guy layed down TT on the AT5 rainbow flop. And sure enough the other man had ACES. BEST LAYDOWN I EVER SEEN.

aggie
05-06-2005, 03:37 PM
Sorry to Hijak....
What are the new structures at foxwoods. From the B&M forum it sounds like they have 1-2 (100) max and have added a 2-4 (does the 2-4 have a cap buyin?)….Is the 5-5 still there (they better not have capped this game), and is there now a 5-10 that regularly runs?

thabadguy
05-06-2005, 03:47 PM
I play at the 5-5 game and ive never seen a shark there..its the softest game in the friggin world...thats why i play there!!

BISCO
05-06-2005, 04:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
does the 2-4 have a cap buyin?

[/ QUOTE ]

$300

aggie
05-06-2005, 04:41 PM
thanks...do they still have 5-5 & have they regularly been spreading 5-10?

BeantownCaller
05-06-2005, 04:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
thanks...do they still have 5-5 & have they regularly been spreading 5-10?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen some incredible lay downs at 5-5 too. A buddy of mine was playing it wednesday night and had 77 against aces, got caught up in the middle of 2 raisers preflop, last raiser was a maniac showing down crap who made it $100. Original raiser folded, my buddy called. Anyhow, flop comes down 237. My buddy bets out $250. Aces raises $500 more. My buddy had $1500 more behind and aces had him covered. My buddy folded. Maniac goes "just so you guys know I'm not playin crap" and tables the aces.

Yea....he misread the board. Thought it was 234. WOW. Instead of a $1800 gift from the gods he lost $350 on the hand. Not sure if he'll ever get over it. He was asking people 5 hours later if they were SURE there was a 7 on that flop.

thabadguy
05-06-2005, 05:07 PM
Incredible in a weird sorta way. lol

BeantownCaller
05-06-2005, 05:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Incredible in a weird sorta way. lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, I don't know if I could have handled being there, glad I just heard about it from my buddy that was watching. The guy tabled aces and my buddy says "Yea, that's what I thought. I had 7's" and the whole table sorta stared at him in a slackjawed unbelieving way.

LOL, poor kid coulda used all that money to buy some glasses, I guess he needs em.

XChamp
05-06-2005, 09:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the 5-10

This is the big game at the woods and many of those players are ultra solid. I've seen some VERY sick laydowns made in that game... on the other hand if you're planning on buyin in with 500$ and going for a double up it's a good game as those same players usually play deep stacks (10k) and don't understand how to play against someone with very little behind them

[/ QUOTE ]

I have only played in that game 4 times, but I would not describe it as this. It has it's fair share of maniacs and calling stations.

Last time I went there was one dude who would tell you his hand when it got headsup. It was ridiculous. It didn't take long for me to realize that he wasn't lying. he would even show his hand at the end to prove it.

jcmoussa
05-06-2005, 09:57 PM
ahahahah i was there for that, i had just arrived, that was [censored] hilarious.

pshreck
05-07-2005, 12:44 AM
Is it just me, or maybe your Buddy lied about his hand to the table, then when he got called out on it by forgetting a 7 was on the board, just goes with it and pretends he messed up.

This is a lot more likely then mis reading a freaking set on a flop.

mosch
05-07-2005, 04:03 AM
I think it's hilarious reading about all these "sick laydowns" in the foxwoods 5-5 game.

I live nowhere near foxwoods so I have limited experience but I've put about 80 hours into that game, and I only remember one semi-bad table from the whole time (a must-move table that ran 3-handed for better than an hour...)

Most of the tables I was at featured 1 or 2 players who were quite good, and the rest ranged from 'mostly competent' to 'i learned poker from watching tv'. I never had trouble getting action on my big hands... my bigger problem was people stumbling into the 2, 3 and 4 outters that they'd deftly gotten all-in with, and that's not really a problem at all!