PDA

View Full Version : AKo play along

KDawgCometh
05-02-2005, 06:37 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

reads sb was a complete donk, and really just looks to be along for the ride. MP2 was the type that really tries to play well, but just don't fully get it. He had been threebetting me a lot PF, so I think he was iso attempting, but not sure what his range was. He also had a tendency to reallyoverplay hands. so what's our plan and how was the flop play?

MoreWineII
05-02-2005, 06:50 PM
Tough spot. The turn decision is tough. As first glance, I'd bet and call down from there, but every possible turn option makes me feel uncomfortable upon closer inspection.

PokerSparky
05-02-2005, 06:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd bet and call down from there

[/ QUOTE ]

KDawgCometh
05-02-2005, 06:54 PM
what do we do if we improve

shadow29
05-02-2005, 06:57 PM
I don't see any other way to play the flop.

Turn, I bet out any card. If it's raised behind me, I'd have to see what card it is before deciding whether to call down or 3-bet. Moroever, who raises is really important. I don't see how we're behind here given:

[ QUOTE ]
He also had a tendency to reallyoverplay hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

KDawgCometh
05-03-2005, 12:39 AM
gonna bump this before I put in my turn play

sweetjazz
05-03-2005, 12:51 AM
If you're pretty sure that MP2 will bet if checked to, then I am check-raising here. SB and MP2 may be drawing to runner-runner at this point. I don't believe I'm behind and I'm not that worried about the flush draw. I want to build a big pot here.

If I'm 3-bet by MP2, then I'm calling, and I'm not positive that I'm done raising depending on what falls on the turn and river. If it's two blanks, I might check-raise the river again, given the read that MP3 overplays hands.

I think our hand is much too good and our opponents sound way too donkish to be looking for the brakes here. Our goal, at this point, is to maximize the money going into the pot.

jskills
05-03-2005, 12:56 AM
I like it so far.

If he's got a set, so be it. But you at least have to call down 2 bets to see a showdown.

If you strongly feel he is overplaying, why not check raise the turn and lead the river?

UncleSalty
05-03-2005, 01:32 AM
I like it so far. MP2 seems like the type who would be jamming a flush draw here. (QJ perhaps?) If you're against a set you still have redraws and there's no point to worrying about MUBS when you flop top two.

wrto4556
05-03-2005, 02:14 AM
Bet the turn, call down from there. This flop play is pretty standard, imo.

KDawgCometh
05-03-2005, 02:23 AM
Turn: (11 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

okay. I fill up and the villian doesn't slow down. the donk is still in it too. I'm not so worried about the donk, but I am wondering if I should be worried that the villian has AA here /images/graemlins/wink.gif, as I am showing a lot of strength and he is too. then again, he could just be wayyy overplaying his hand

wrto4556
05-03-2005, 02:24 AM
He can't have KK.

I'm not slowing down. If he as AA good for him because he's getting paid.

brassnuts
05-03-2005, 02:26 AM
My poker instincts tell me he probably doesn't have KK here.

mtdoak
05-03-2005, 02:30 AM
Theres only one way he has AA. three ways he has 77. Two ways he has AK as well. 5 out of 6 ways, your chopping this pot/winning this pot, and 3 out of 6 your scooping. If he has AA, pay him off. I might slow down on the 3rd bet on the river.

UncleSalty
05-03-2005, 02:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
but I am wondering if I should be worried that the villian has KK

[/ QUOTE ]

Um. How many K's are in the deck you normally play with?

You are so far ahead in this hand it's not even funny. Time to go to war. Nice hand.

KDawgCometh
05-03-2005, 02:33 AM
uhhh, I didn't say he had KK, I have no Idea where y'all are getting that one from /images/graemlins/grin.gif

KDawgCometh
05-03-2005, 12:58 PM
River: (23 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

Final Pot: 35 BB

okay, so should I have slowed down here? MP2 is still acting like an animal. was I correct to three bet here, or should I have just called the raise considring the heat on the turn

Woodsie
05-03-2005, 01:04 PM
it sucks that he had AA.

just a guess since keep bringing up that maybe you should have slowed down when you have kings full and the only hand that can beat you is aces full...

sweetjazz
05-03-2005, 01:10 PM
Don't slow down. SB's calling gives you more overlay. You will win this pot more than 1/3 of the time, so keep getting bets in.

chief444
05-03-2005, 01:24 PM
This one's interesting with SB in.

I'd assume the following which are probably pretty accurate:

1) SB is drawing dead and just padding the pot.
2) MP2 has AA or AK because he's an idiot if he has anything but.

You're chopping with MP2 2/3 of the time and losing 1/3 of the time. So you have exactly 1/3 equity and you're putting in 1/3 of the money. It doesn't matter what you do. But I would just check/call after the turn. All you're doing is increasing variance and giving SB an opportunity to fold.

Interestingly enough the same applies to the flop since there are then 4 combinations of AK to chop with but another combination of KK you lose to. So the turn doesn't change much. However, I'd consider it likely that SB at least has an Ace and therefore making another AK more likely than AA. If he'll continue with a K though or worse as well that doesn't apply. But still...it doesn't matter what you do so after MP2 goes nuts again on the turn I don't see any reason to cap the river unless you believe there is a reasonable chance MP2 is way overplaying a worse hand. But by the same token a lot of worse opponents would fear monsters at that point and better opponents would realize what I just said so AA at some point becomes more likely than 33% IMO.