PDA

View Full Version : TP weak kicker Easy river 2-bet laydown?

jayrutz2
05-02-2005, 05:51 PM
Party 5-10, 10 handed.

Hero is utg+2 with Jc10h.

Table overall is erratic and not too predictable. I am up about 40BBs in an hour, and feeling well in control of my game and good reads.

Villian #1 is loose and aggressive and in MP. Villain 2 is cutoff and unkown.

Folded to hero, Hero figures hey, what the heck and limps in, though normally would fold with this if not in LP. Anyway, feel free to say, never call here.

Villain one calls and Villain 2 raises. SB and BB fold, hero and Villain 1 call.

3 players, 7 sbs.

Flop JD,2D,5H

Hero bets, V1 raises, V2 raises Hero calls, V1 Calls

3 players, 6.5 BBs

Turn (JD,2D,5H) 7S
Hero checks V1 bets, V2 Calls. Hero Calls.

River (JD,2D,5H) 7S) 9D.

Hero checks figuring to call down one bet. V1 bets, V2 raises.

Hero?????

Jules22
05-02-2005, 05:53 PM
i insta fold on the river.

W. Deranged
05-02-2005, 05:57 PM
How could villain 2 be under-the-gun if he's acting behind you???

Assuming you meant to have villain 2 in late position, I wonder if you shouldn't even get to the river here. The flop three-bet really suggests to me that you are beat here. One of your two opponents may be raising a draw or overcards, but I think it is very doubtful that you are ahead of both of them any significant amount of the time. The pot isn't that big yet; I might consider folding to the two small bets back to me on the flop.

Barring that, I am probably folding the turn here in a three-way pot at any kind of normal table. Your jacks may not be good as outs, and some of your outs may be killed by players drawing.

If you get to the river, I don't even think it's close here. Fold every time.

jayrutz2
05-02-2005, 06:03 PM
Typo, villain 2 is cut-off
K

billyjex
05-02-2005, 06:10 PM
fold preflop

jto is very overrated

jayrutz2
05-02-2005, 07:04 PM
1) I agree, JTo is a very weak hand...but what else can I learn from this one...

Hero folds, not really thinking it is even close.
Villain 1 calls and wins with J6o. Villain 2 mucks Q6.

Villain 1 says in chat,
Yeah, get that [censored] outta here.

Hero resists typing to Villain one, only a dumbass raise kept me off that calldown A-hole. Bites his tounge and goes on the next hand, mentally adding the 18 BBs to his stack.

Now I rarely get pushed off the best hand, but I am thinking I am behind, and the size of the pot is the only reason I'm still around for one bet, but how the fff could I call 2 cold on this river, but jeez, not to be outcome driven, but this fold sure looks bad in hindsight. Seriously, what can be learned from this one?????