PDA

View Full Version : YESSS!!!! I'm IN!!!

Easy E
11-19-2002, 03:10 PM
It only took me one hundred posts, but i'm a "member" now...

I won't comment on the fact that I've been involved here since '99... and I was STILL a "newbie" with the forum architecture change.... i wasn't offended (MUCH)

When do i get my Members' jacket? And what do i get when I become an "addict" like Dynasty?

Ta ta, club members! I'm heading over to my shrink to discuss my ego problems next...

ripdog
11-19-2002, 03:25 PM
You get a jacket? Damn! Now I really regret all of those anonymous posts that I've littered this site with. Go ahead and ignore the next 25 *NT messages that I post behind this one.

imported_Chuck Weinstock
11-19-2002, 04:20 PM
Did I mention we're thinking of inflating the qualifications
for the various categories by a factor of 10? /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

John Cole
11-19-2002, 05:59 PM
Easy E,

I believe you are awarded a green jacket at the ceremony; of course, you could boycott, insisting that John Cole also be allowed in despite his rather pithy production.

John

Easy E
11-19-2002, 06:50 PM
(Member voice ON:)
I don't think we let people of YOUR KIND in, especially when they are obviously illiterate and dirty - "that John Cole also be allowed in despite his rather <font color="blue"> pithy </font color> production."

<font color="blue">PITHY- a: having substance and point : tersely cogent (1. convincing or believable by virtue of forcible, clear, or incisive presentation; telling. 2. to the point; relevant; pertinent.)

1. brief, forceful, and meaningful in expression; full of vigor, substance, or meaning; terse; forcible: "a pithy observation".
2. of, like, or abounding in pith (significant weight; substance; solidity: "an argument without pith")

synonym see CONCISE </font color>

Now, unless you were intending to INSULT your BETTERS ("Members have a certain level of verbosity required"... or "Don't Members ever shut UP?!?!"), what makes you think that the Gods of the Forum (as members such as myself will hearafter be referred to by lowlife scum such as yourself) would allow exceptions to fools such as yourself?!?!?
AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAA (laughter full of evil and power-mad insanity)
(Member voice OFF:)

John, what were you intending pithy to MEAN in your exception plea?
Easy "Drive for Addict-hood" E

John Cole
11-19-2002, 07:49 PM
Gee,

I think I meant "picayune." Or maybe I meant "pitiful." I'm sure, though, I didn't mean "pedantic," "prolix," or "precocious." Furthermore, I leaned towards "peripatetic," eschewed "periplum," and absolutely rejected "preternatural." I got all giddy and goosebumpy pondering "potent," "powerful," and "prestigious." But, perhaps I'm being pusillanimous. In my rush towards alliteration, I chose badly, and will not prevaricate any longer. In my quest for puissance, I look like a pissant.

Terse production don't quite make it, I agree.

Thanks, Easy

John

Jimbo
11-19-2002, 08:02 PM
John,

I certainly deseve thanks as well, after all I saw the pitiful pithy word and realized you knew better than to make an intentional faux paux yourself! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

PS; Great post here above John

baggins
11-21-2002, 06:50 AM
perspicacity produces perspiration, perhaps, precisely pre-post.