PDA

View Full Version : Funny Ha Ha

sfer
05-02-2005, 05:17 PM
It's a small indie movie playing at a single theater in Manhattan.

I'm a sucker for this genre (post-college, young adulthood, coming of age movies) and really wanted to like this movie. I think I got the genre wrong. I sort of liked it. I dunno, maybe I didn't like it too much, but I had a good time, and I still think about it, sort of. I guess. Anyway, I'd rather watch a movie about smart, unhappy people than dumb, happy ones.

bisonbison
05-02-2005, 05:19 PM
My desire to see this type of movie was destroyed by Tao of Steve and Napoleon Dynamite, two of the lamest pieces of crap in cinematic history.

sfer
05-02-2005, 05:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My desire to see this type of movie was destroyed by Tao of Steve and Napoleon Dynamite, two of the lamest pieces of crap in cinematic history.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haven't seen NP but Steve is clearly not of this genre. It starts with them going back to their TEN YEAR COLLEGE REUNION. This genre is more along the lines of Barcelona and Kicking And Screaming (not the upcoming non-laughfest involving kids and soccer).

B Dids
05-02-2005, 05:23 PM
Between this and the Seafood, I'm losing faith in you quickly.

scrub
05-02-2005, 06:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Barcelona

[/ QUOTE ]

Metropolitan was about 10 times better.

scrub

Evan
05-02-2005, 06:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
TEN YEAR COLLEGE REUNION.

[/ QUOTE ]
I just realized that yours will be at the same time that I am graduating from college.

MoreWineII
05-02-2005, 06:31 PM
I really hate the word 'indie'.

There's only one Indy in my world and his last name is Jones.

Russ McGinley
05-02-2005, 06:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought Tao of Steve was alright. ND was the worst movie ever made, that is certain.

sfer
05-03-2005, 10:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Barcelona

[/ QUOTE ]

scrub

[/ QUOTE ]

I think when you're closer to 30 that you'll prefer Barcelona. Also, I didn't actually see either movie. I just read the reviews. I find that by reading reviews you can find out what happened in the movie and get someone's opinion about them.

edtost
05-03-2005, 03:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I just realized that yours will be at the same time that I am graduating from college.

[/ QUOTE ]

awesome.

BusterStacks
05-03-2005, 04:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree.

If indie stuff was likable by anyone besides pretentious hipsters, it wouldn't be indie. Do you see why?

sfer
05-03-2005, 04:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree.

If indie stuff was likable by anyone besides pretentious hipsters, it wouldn't be indie. Do you see why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe. But I don't know what else to call a 2 year old movie shot on 16mm with no music and zero production values except indie.

B Dids
05-03-2005, 04:31 PM
Umm...

Indie means Independent, why are you trying to drag other meanings into it?

sfer
05-03-2005, 04:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ouch.

meep_42
05-03-2005, 05:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ouch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, and I was just going to reply to Evan,
"Notice how sfer isn't responding to this troll? He's like that, always trying to be the bigger man."

-d

Sponger15SB
05-03-2005, 05:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But I don't know what else to call a 2 year old movie shot on 16mm with no music and zero production values

[/ QUOTE ]

crap?

scrub
05-03-2005, 05:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Barcelona

[/ QUOTE ]

scrub

[/ QUOTE ]

I think when you're closer to 30 that you'll prefer Barcelona. Also, I didn't actually see either movie. I just read the reviews. I find that by reading reviews you can find out what happened in the movie and get someone's opinion about them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nicely done.

Also, 30 is creeping up faster than I'd like--in 9 days I'll be in rounding up territory...

scrub

Evan
05-03-2005, 05:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
sfer...always trying to be the bigger man.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's pretty clear you have never met him. You're talking about a guy who left his 20/40 game and played 10/20 with me in Vegas for 8 hours...just so he could straddle all of my BB's.

EDIT: He also flicked my ear throughout the entire car ride there. The guy is a 30 year old child.

sfer
05-03-2005, 05:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
sfer...always trying to be the bigger man.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's pretty clear you have never met him. You're talking about a guy who left his 20/40 game and played 10/20 with me in Vegas for 8 hours...just so he could straddle all of my BB's.

EDIT: He also flicked my ear throughout the entire car ride there. The guy is a 30 year old child.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never suggested otherwise. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=exchange&Number=229502 8&Forum=,All_Forums,&Words=&Searchpage=0&Limit=25& Main=2295028&Search=true&where=&Name=7540&daterang e=&newerval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyp rev=#Post2295028)

meep_42
05-03-2005, 05:44 PM
Clearly you have missed the subtle, yet obvious, wit.

-d