PDA

View Full Version : flopped big draw, hit small flush

peterchi
05-02-2005, 05:17 PM
MP2 is the main reason I'm at this table, 66/10/0.6
CO is 20/10/2.6, but doesn't seem to be that great.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button folds, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls.

River: (14.75 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 14.75 BB

1) Am I ok calling this from the blind?
2) I should bet the flop, right?
3) I should bet the turn, right?
4) I should bet the river, right?

Also, on the turn, given that I was going for the check-raise, can I still do it after it's already been raised, or should I slow down then?

I'm not even sure what was going through my mind.

brettbrettr
05-02-2005, 05:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.
Yes. (Or c/r.)
Yes.
Yes.

meep_42
05-02-2005, 05:25 PM
PF - fine.
Flop - I like a c/r. CO is very likely to bet out, but may not be as likely to raise with AK/AJ/JJ/TT.
Turn - given the flop play, c/r is good. If I check-raised the flop and didn't get 3-bet, i'd probably lead here.
River - gotta bet -- no one capped the turn, so they're not too happy with their hands at the moment, but will pay to see a showdown. Pay off a raise.

-d

Jules22
05-02-2005, 05:55 PM
value bet that river

Nick Royale
05-02-2005, 06:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
1) Yes.
2) Yes.
3) Depends. If I had no read on MP2 I would bet. But since he's pretty likely to call 2 cold if you check/raise the PFR, check/raising becomes an option. The risk it gets checked through makes me bet this turn almost every time, though. We might fold a /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (T or 9, he'll probably call with J or better) in the hands of MP2 if we check/raise, but this won't happen often enough for making going for a check/raise the bets option IMO. So, if MP2 won't call 2 cold with any garbage I would just bet out on the turn and hope to get raised bu CO and trap MP2 for 3 BB.
4) Every time.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, on the turn, given that I was going for the check-raise, can I still do it after it's already been raised, or should I slow down then?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes.

Nick Royale
05-02-2005, 06:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Flop - I like a c/r. CO is very likely to bet out, but may not be as likely to raise with AK/AJ/JJ/TT.

[/ QUOTE ]
Good point.

meep_42
05-02-2005, 06:22 PM
Actually, with button folding ahead of you, I like the raise only because you have a flush draw + gutshot. Otherwise, i'm playing this like a fish and calling.

-d

Nick Royale
05-02-2005, 06:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Actually, with button folding ahead of you, I like the raise only because you have a flush draw + gutshot. Otherwise, i'm playing this like a fish and calling.

[/ QUOTE ]
We have an oesd, but yes I'm not check/raising only a flushdraw either.

meep_42
05-02-2005, 06:31 PM
Yes. I can read a board sometimes.

-d

Mike Gallo
05-02-2005, 06:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1) Yes. If a player utg raised, and players folded, I would not like the play.

2) I would lead out on the flop. Despite what some of the posters have commented, I would not check raise. A check raise would knock players out of the hand. If the players called, then had to call a raise thats fine, however in this spot your better off leading and calling a raise or reraising.

3) You can bet the turn or check raise it.

4) You can bet the river or check raise it, depending on your turn action.

chesspain
05-02-2005, 06:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
4) You can bet the river or check raise it, depending on your turn action.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would bet-call, since I prefer the likelihood of winning/ losing 1-2 bets vs. 0-3 bets.