PDA

View Full Version : Bi-Polar Post of The Day

stupidsucker
05-02-2005, 02:59 PM
No bad beats, no losing streaks, just bad attitudes not excluding myself.

Yesterday in 2 places I did some non traditional things. One of them wasnt even a hand I posted, just one I happened to be involved in. This forum is fast becoming so narrow minded.

I dont mind being wrong. Sometimes I even post things I know are wrong just to spark conversation. I have nothing mean to say about anyone. I only want to urge people to find a medium between the trolling and the serious book ABC post trashing.

every other post is either complete drivle or it is someone flaming someone else because its "not the way I play" Therefor you MUST BE WRONG!!!!!I dont mind the drivle, I dont even mind some bashing, but I am starting to see new faces with post counts of 500 plus just wracking up a post count flaming other people.

I must appologise myself for being so arogant. I will argue to the bitter end my point if I feel I am right. For this I am wrong sometimes.

I lay down KK preflop because given the situation I felt it was right. This is the first time EVER that I felt it was a good laydown, and I DONT recomend anyone ever do it, BUT people flame it and put it off as a "brag Post" rather then actualy discussing it at all. YOUR WRONG NO DISCUSSION!!

I fold to 500 chips after calling 800. Something I feel is wrong 99% of the time, but with a little insight to the intangables maybe not so bad after all. People dont even want to discuss it, they rather just say its ridiculous without even doing the math.

This is not the same community it was a year ago, and I still love it, BUT.... I would love to see less flames and more discussion. Perhaps we can all learn something.

Thing is... I like the nonsense, I like the flames too, but balance in the force is needed. I dont even know why I care right now. I have a new trackball mouse that I can hardly control, I am comming off of a 46% roi start for may after 57 games, and my vape is heated up and ready for action.

Scuba Chuck
05-02-2005, 03:45 PM
Dude, what's a vape?

Big Limpin'
05-02-2005, 03:47 PM
Realize, m'man, that both of yesterdays hands were of the type where ppls who agree with your play had nothing much to add, other than just to jump to your defence out of pure chivaly. Personally, for both of them, my first reaction was "double-yew-tee-eff is THAT about", but then after thought, i saw where you were coming from, and eventually, agree with your line in both. Not that i personally could make those plays.

But did i post saying that? no.

I guess what im saying is that the responses posted shouldn't be taken as a representative sample of what ppls opinions are, because those with the "knee-jerk" reaction to those plays being odd (read:bad) are more inclined to make replys.

wuwei
05-02-2005, 03:48 PM
*huggles*

Big Limpin'
05-02-2005, 03:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dude, what's a vape?

[/ QUOTE ]
Vape-orizer...is a medicinal tool.

Although i think it shold have read my CAPE is ready for acion. Like supaman.

microbet
05-02-2005, 03:51 PM
hmm... Medicinal

stupidsucker
05-02-2005, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dude, what's a vape?

[/ QUOTE ]
Vape-orizer...is a medicinal tool.

Although i think it shold have read my CAPE is ready for acion. Like supaman.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well put, but the text read correctly.

skipperbob
05-02-2005, 04:18 PM
Too Bad that "ForumBot" has retired; some serious "Push-Fold-Moron" reply would be forthcoming.

Newt_Buggs
05-02-2005, 04:18 PM
realize though that with the KK hand you are making a very unconventional play based entirely on reads and the situation. You are posting a hand that is normally an autocall but you deviated from basic strategy because you had access to information that we cant get. you took a singe hand out of a set of tournaments and placed it in a vacuum that blocked out all of the previous information. When viewing the hand by itself, its an autopush so of course you are going to get flamed by everyone else that is only seeing this individual hand.

But I agree with your point, there are different styles in this game. Although there is always one technically right play, given the limit on information that is inherent in the game it is often impossible to figure this single play out and different winning strategies might have different approaches.

gumpzilla
05-02-2005, 04:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I lay down KK preflop because given the situation I felt it was right. This is the first time EVER that I felt it was a good laydown, and I DONT recomend anyone ever do it, BUT people flame it and put it off as a "brag Post" rather then actualy discussing it at all. YOUR WRONG NO DISCUSSION!!

[/ QUOTE ]

My first response was "I don't like it, here's why." I also pointed out that it was obvious from the nature of the post that he had AA. You then proceeded to get defensive and state that you didn't post results. At no point did you actually make any effort to actually lead a serious discussion. You contribute no further information to the thread anywhere to justify your folding.

I'm assuming that you knew that you were not including enough information for other people to make a good assessment. I'm also assuming that you knew that one of your two opponents had to show up with AA almost all of the time for this to be correct. You provided pretty inadequate evidence to make this assessment, in my opinion, and I'm pretty sure you knew this.

I'm not prone to going off on random posters because of failure to adhere to dogma, but you've been here long enough that it seemed very clear to me that you had to know that folding KK in that spot is going to require killer reads, which you don't mention having at all. So you're posting something which you claim is for discussion but not giving enough information to discuss it. Now you're whining when people don't immediately bow down to your poker studliness.

Misfire
05-02-2005, 04:32 PM
This isn't directed at anyone specifically, but I have a harder time with criticism that doesn't explain exactly what they're criticizing or why. Saying, "This is just a bad play," or "Easy fold, do you see why?" doesn't really help those of us trying to use this forum to learn. Obviously if we knew why it was an easy fold, we wouldn't have posted in the first place.

I know it's gotta suck to be a black belt and have to teach all the white belts the most basic techniques every day. But that's part of teaching. Yeah, it's easy to flame the n00bs for posting what seems like the same tired old questions every day, but everyone's been there trying to learn the fundamentals. If you're here to help, then help. If not, just ignore us.

stupidsucker
05-02-2005, 04:44 PM
I do get defensive when someone makes allegations that threaten my character. Honesty is my best and worst character. Im not saying I never lie. Only a liar would say that.

Being Vague is intentional. It is supposed to encourage discussion, otherwise what is the point in posting anything at all. I almost let this thread become self-hi-jacked.

Whats So Funny Bout Peace Love and Understanding?

stupidsucker
05-02-2005, 04:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This isn't directed at anyone specifically, but I have a harder time with criticism that doesn't explain exactly what they're criticizing or why. Saying, "This is just a bad play," or "Easy fold, do you see why?" doesn't really help those of us trying to use this forum to learn. Obviously if we knew why it was an easy fold, we wouldn't have posted in the first place.

I know it's gotta suck to be a black belt and have to teach all the white belts the most basic techniques every day. But that's part of teaching. Yeah, it's easy to flame the n00bs for posting what seems like the same tired old questions every day, but everyone's been there trying to learn the fundamentals. If you're here to help, then help. If not, just ignore us.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, This is where I had to appologize(is it gise or gize, hell probably only 1p as well). I was just as lazy about doing the math to show why I thought I was correct in one post.

gumpzilla
05-02-2005, 04:53 PM
You can't complain that you're getting poor discussion on the KK hand when you're knowingly withholding evidence to support a position that you know is going to be controversial.

Do you enjoy feeling like you're being persecuted? It really seems to me like you're actively trying to cultivate a "me against the STT establishment" feeling with your last few posts.

Apathy
05-02-2005, 04:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Too Bad that "ForumBot" has retired; some serious "Push-Fold-Moron" reply would be forthcoming.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmmm, I wonder which one forum bot would choose for this thread...

Degen
05-02-2005, 05:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

This is not the same community it was a year ago, and I still love it, BUT.... I would love to see less flames and more discussion. Perhaps we can all learn something.

[/ QUOTE ]

A sure sign that you have no clue really.

Define same for all of us please.

I'll bet you $1,000,000 that a forum such as this one could not maintain the level of control and decorum that you suggest with such a conmbination of intelligence, ego and arrogance. The burden of proof is on you. I am not a gambling man, this is a solid + EV bet for me.

Andre

Who thinks that people who live in glass houses, should not throw stones.

skipperbob
05-02-2005, 05:43 PM
Those who can; Wonder
Those who can't; Teach
Those who have no clue; drop $15 large at Pai-Gow

Degen
05-02-2005, 05:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Those who can; Wonder

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh? I thought i was those who can DO?

Andre

adanthar
05-02-2005, 05:50 PM
Without restating the first hand again, there were two things that were wrong with your KK thread:

1)it was a good read (which you still kinda played wrong, but good read) that is very tough to make and that most people sort of refuse to make;

2)(MUCH MORE IMPORTANT) 99% of the time it's wildly wrong to do this and every time a newbie reads *your* thread they'll think it's right to post their own 'hay this guy raised 4xBB instead of 3x, he must be strong, and then some other guy called so I'm a flip at best, so I go with my read and lay down KK, good?' thread.

Every time I read one of those, I kill Phil Hellmuth's kitten, and he's almost out of cats, so that sucks.

stupidsucker
05-02-2005, 05:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Who thinks that people who live in glass houses, should not throw stones.

[/ QUOTE ]

This statement holds with it so much comic irony that all of my agression is gone.

adanthar
05-02-2005, 06:05 PM
If you don't quote him he'll go away /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Degen
05-02-2005, 06:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you don't quote him he'll go away

[/ QUOTE ]

if the old guard was all this forum consisted of, this is precisely correct.

Andre

The Yugoslavian
05-02-2005, 06:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you don't quote him he'll go away

[/ QUOTE ]

if the old guard was all this forum consisted of, this is precisely correct.

Andre

[/ QUOTE ]

The funny thing is that those who you think are part of the 'old guard' are actually the 'new guard.'

The old guard has long since 'graduated' from the 'kindergarden of poker.' /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yugoslav
Who admits there are several levels of sacrasm and truth in his post than Degen will understand...