PDA

View Full Version : should I call here?

BDarch
05-02-2005, 02:53 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG (t390)
MP (t1710)
CO (t2538)
Button (t1067)
SB (t1111)
Hero (t3184)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button bets t1067 (all in) Hero ?

I am getting almost 2:1 from the pot which is almost good enough pot odds to justify a call against a lot of different hands considering J10s is a 2:1 underdog against A10o or AJo and about 1.4 against like AKo and AQo. So I wasn't really sure what to do in this situation. Any comments would be much appreciated. O and this is a 50+5.

Voltron87
05-02-2005, 02:59 PM
by the math this call is +EV if your opponent is pushing with a wide range, but you have to judge your FE before and after a call too. Sometimes you will have tons of fold equity if the player to your left are trying to hang on, and you should fold, and sometimes they are better players and will not let themselves get stolen from a lot.

So if you feel you can steal here fold, but often at the 55s recently people are starting to call on the bubble much more.

BDarch
05-02-2005, 03:04 PM
that was what I was thinking at the time because I was remebering raptor's post from a week or two ago about the AJs in the BB. But I still think I will have pretty good FE if i call and lose. So if I think that I could still have FE even if I lose I should call here?

Voltron87
05-02-2005, 03:08 PM
well i meant it really depends on who the other players are, its a judgement call. i probably fold here, 2800 chips is much better than 2100, since you can still put the other big stacks all in and can make a mistake. so from a one hand sense this is a call but not when considering bubble play.

UMTerp
05-02-2005, 03:22 PM
I'll call this the vast majority of the time. The pot odds are too good to pass up, and you're in a truly dominating position should you win this hand. Even if you lose (which is probably ~52% of the time on average??), you're fine compared to the rest of the field. The chip stack you've built to this point allows you take a chance like this - here it is.

hummusx
05-02-2005, 03:33 PM
As long as people aren't calling too much, I'd say go for it. 2100 ought to be plenty enough chips to work with if you lose.