PDA

View Full Version : Should I have bet the flop?

chollowa
05-02-2005, 01:56 PM
$1-3 NL table BM.

A /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif on the button. Four limpers around to me, I make it $12.00 to go. Folded around to a guy two to my right, he's just sat down and hasn't shown down so I have no read on him. He raises to $25.00. I call and out comes the flop.

K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif4 /images/graemlins/club.gif

He checks, I check.

Turn comes out a blank 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif.

He best $50.00 into me and I muck.

I'm just wondering if I should have bet on the turn and just mucked if he came over the top of me. I easily had him covered as he was down to about $80 before he bet the $50.00 on the turn.

-Skeme-
05-02-2005, 03:24 PM
Well, raise more preflop first of all. Standard preflop raises are 3-4xBB + 1BB for each limper already in the pot. In this case I'd make it $24 to go. Anyways, after his tiny reraise I get very cautious and probably don't put any more money in the pot without improvement. The flop did not help you at all. I'd check behind him and wait to bet in this spot when I have a read on him. Turn does not help. He bets and you fold. That's what I'd do. You can't call this. Just muck and observe how he plays his other hands before you play back at him with stuff.

chollowa
05-02-2005, 03:57 PM
I have a hard time analyzing this pot. Partly because this guy had a cocky/drunk vibe to him from the get go, partly because the guy next to me says "good bet" to him after I muck.

Thanks for the tip on raising though, I'll make sure to memory bank that one.

chollowa
05-02-2005, 06:45 PM
Bump-I need more feedback.